Chappell EnterpriseFull time Full day
Chappell Enterprises are recruiting for a Mechanic/ Grounds Person in The Mill Hill area.
You will be working for a very prestigious school that was founded in 1807. The school ground covers 150 acres of land, and they take a lot of pride in keeping the grounds tidy and the best that they can be. This role would suit someone with mechanical experience with a particular interest in Agriculture/Horticulture machinery.
You really do not want to miss this opportunity to work for such a prestigious place where you will be acknowledged for your work.
About the Role:
As the mechanic of the school, you will be maintaining the equipment that varies from cylinder mowers, rotary mowers ride-on and pedestrian, Strimmers, hedge cutters, and blowers so that they are fit for the day's work ahead. This would be ideal for someone that has experience in using this equipment as some days you will be asked to help the grounds staff out on the site.
The school minibusses and vans that you need to service & keep logbooks for the work that has been done on all of the equipment and machinery.
You will need a full UK driver's license for this role
As you will be working in a school an Enhanced DBS check will be required
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and agreed days over Christmas and New Years
You will be working Monday to Friday and may have to work Saturdays if required 07:30 - 16:30.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Minimum 2 years' Mechanical experience, ideally in a sports turf environment
- Experience of striping, diagnosing faults and rebuilding /fixing equipment and vehicles
- Fabrication skills
- Cylinder and blade grinding
- Working well under pressure
- Working well as part of a team
- A flexible, can-do attitude with a positive outlook
- A passion to learn and exceed expectations.
- The ability to fit into a large team environment
- Experience in record keeping
- Up to date knowledge with Health and Safety regulations in the workplace
- The successful applicant will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate NVQ level 2 qualification in Mechanics
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply or call .