Security Officer Distribution Centre
MitieFull time Full day
40 hours per week
£9.80 per hour
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Distribution Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team, who must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to potential changes to working patterns.
- Determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and visitors.
- As the first point of contact for all customers and clients, the Distribution Security Officers must be geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- To create a safe working environment, free from crime and health & safety related issues for colleagues, contractors and visitors.
- Respond to any on site incident or request for assistance and assume control until arrival of the Client, Emergency Services or Duty Manager.
- To highlight all breaches of security procedures and internal crime/shrinkage.
- To monitor the site fire, intruder and CCTV systems where appropriate.
- Reporting to the Business Protection Co-ordinator – they must record, report and escalate all incidents and arrests using the process/system/technology as required throughout their shift.
- Support with access and egress to and from the site for both people and vehicles.
What we are looking for
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Distribution Security experience.
- Ability to effectively within a team in a fast-moving services business.
- Capability in the use of technology.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the distribution security officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV licence would be beneficial.
- A Full UK Driving licence would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
- A friendly supportive team
- Training, career development
- A great selection of benefits incl. Access to on-line GP services, death in service, share options and discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.