Primary Teacher - SEMH - Mental Health
AcademicsFull time Full day
KS2 Teacher - Primary Teacher - Intervention Teacher - SEMH - Woking
Are you a qualified primary teacher with a passion for working with students who have social, emotional mental health needs? If so, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
The school is based in Woking and provides support for children aged 9-16 years who have a range of learning and behavioural needs due to social, emotional and mental health challenges. All students that attend the school have a designated Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) which details their specific needs in terms of the care and support they will have access to. The school provides a safe learning environment for children who suffer with high levels of anxiety which can result in a lack of focus and challenging behaviour.
The school has a restorative approach to learning and behaviour management which incorporates therapies such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, music, speech and language therapies where these are part of the young person's EHCP. The curriculum team works closely with therapists to ensure the correct physical and emotional support is available at all times.
It is an exciting time to join the school as they have recently moved to a brand new, state of the art building and they are making excellent progress under the newly appointed Headteacher.
KS2 Teacher - What is involved?
- Managing your students' behaviour and learning during lessons and throughout the school day
- You will have class sizes of up to 6 pupils and will need to coordinate with your class LSAs to ensure that each individual pupil is being fully supported at all times
- Responsibility for delivering a range of subjects for students who are at KS2 level in terms of their learning and development
- Mixed ability classes; the effective differentiation of your planning and delivery is essential
- Encouraging the development of social skills and supporting students' individual needs
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Maintaining progress records
- Supporting regulations pertaining to safeguarding
KS2 Teacher - What is required?
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Knowledge and/or a keen interest and understanding of the range of different types of learning and behavioural needs that are associated with SEMH students
- A co-operative working style and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skill and a caring attitude
KS2 Teacher - Summary:
- KS2 Teacher - SEMH - Not suitable for NQTs
- Salary of £26,948 - £38,174 + an SEN allowance - depending on experience
- Specialist school for SEMH students
- September 2022 start, or sooner for those that are available.
- Apply via this advert or call Ben Mason on for more details.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.