Morson TalentFull time Full day
We are recruiting for an IT/Indirect Procurement Officer on a permanent basis for our Client based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will have proven IT/Indirect procurement experience and will work with the business to ensure that value is maximised from third party contracts, whilst minimising risk and operating in a framework of Clients policies and processes. The role works closely with other members of the Procurement team, internal stakeholders and is a key interface between the Clients businesses and external third parties.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the key responsibilities and duties will include:-
• Working with the business to source and procure a wide range of required goods and services, with primary focus being IT and Indirect services, ensuring optimal value for money within defined service and quality criteria
• Ensuring that the procurement processes are followed to seek and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and service. This process will involve negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters to achieve optimal levels of value versus risk
• Identifying opportunities for synergies across the Clients portfolio and to add improvements to the “bottom line” through cost savings or process change. Promoting continual improvement in all aspects of the Procurement function
• Managing supplier relationships, coordinating multiple stakeholder interfaces, to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach. Identifying and implementing supplier improvement actions and operate 360 feedback processes and seeking to resolve contractual and supplier disputes as and when they occur. Understanding and adhering to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
• Developing and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that requirements are understood and addressed.
• Operating and maintaining required systems to support and improve the Procurement function
• Working closely with the HSEQ teams to ensure that the supply chain is safe and delivers quality goods and services
• Other procurement and supply chain tasks that are required from time to time
• IT procurement experience in a comparable role
• Experience of SAP and e-tendering systems
• Evidence of managing the procurement whole life cycle, ensuring that any value created during the negotiation stage is delivered through contract delivery
• Understanding of general contract law, including cyber security and all specific software/data protections
• Excellent influencing, communication and relationship management skills with effective networking and business partnering skills
• Ability to project manage initiatives, tracking and ensuring delivery against key milestones
• Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data and summarise effectively
• High motivation, self-direction and self-awareness
• Flexible approach and the ability to deal with high levels of change
• Demonstratable competence in use of IT/IS skills e.g. MS Office
• Minimum CIPS level 4 achieved, working towards level 6
The successful candidate will be appointed on a personal contract which reflects the responsibilities of the role as well as the abilities of the individual.
• Private medical insurance
• Competitive pension option
• Bonus opportunity
• Employee benefits platform
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.