Commercial Management and Dispute Resolution Consultant
Blake Newport AssociatesFull time Full day
A multidisciplinary consultancy with global experience, Blake Newport has been successfully delivering commercial management, planning, dispute resolution and Expert Witness services for over 40 years to the construction, engineering and outsourcing industries.
We are currently seeking a Consultant for our Darlington Office. The successful candidate will be an experienced and independent professional, capable of undertaking the following duties:
- Forensic analysis of tender, contract and claims documentation
- Support with the preparation of claims for loss and expense
- Support with the preparation of adjudication documentation
- Draft written reports, setting out process, conclusions and recommendations
- Experience of and ability to operate Standard Forms of Contract (JCT/NEC/FIDIC)
- Provision of strategic advice at all stages of the construction life cycle
- Active contribution to business development
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- MRICS Qualified or equivalent or working towards such qualification
- A minimum of 5 years post Degree qualification experience
- Interested in working towards a Construction Law MSc or Post Graduate Diploma (or equivalent)
- A working knowledge of dispute resolution procedures and the principles of contract law
- Experience of major construction and engineering projects
- The ability to prepare, assess and interrogate construction costs
- A clear and concise communicator in English (oral and written)
Blake Newport employees benefit from an attractive and competitive reimbursement package which includes numerous benefits.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Generous car allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional fees paid
- Hybrid working (home/office)
- Additional holidays for long service
- Buy / sell holiday scheme
- Pension salary sacrifice
- Further education sponsorship
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview at the Darlington office with members of our management team.
Blake Newport looks forward to receiving your application. This position represents an excellent opportunity to work with a friendly, dynamic and experienced consultancy, with the prospect of further enhancing your career.
Most assignments will be managed from the Darlington office and undertaken in the North East of England; however, the requirement to travel when necessary is essential. This may include international travel from time to time.
Blake Newport is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.