The Huntercombe GroupFull time Full day
About The Role
Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre is a 36 bed centre providing specialist person-centred rehabilitation, care and support for adults with either a brain injury or other complex neurological condition. We provide comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy and specialise in the treatment of patients with a primary cognitive or behavioural impairment resulting from a brain injury or other neurological condition.
We are recruiting full time Rehabilitation Assistants to work closely with our Nursing team. As a full time member of the team, you will be required to work 7 x 12 hour shifts per fortnight including days and waking nights on a rota.
Salary: £10.33 per hour
When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Rehabilitation Assistant, you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is reliable and above all puts people first. Working with The Huntercombe Group is rewarding and varied. Through our “Conversation into Action” programme we actively encourage our employees to get involved and to drive service change for the better.
The role involves working as part of our nursing team, to deliver individualised care to patients (including personal care), implementing person-centred care plans and undertaking a broad range of caring duties. Good communication skills, team working and a flexible approach are essential. Previous experience of working in a healthcare setting is desirable but not essential as training is provided.
As a Rehabilitation Assistant your main duties will be to:-
- assist nursing staff in providing high quality individualised care to a clearly defined group of patients, relatives and carers.
- work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient in achievement of their planned outcomes.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Rehabilitation Assistant you will:-
- Have a person centred ethos, show care and compassion, empathy and a desire to make a real difference in the delivery of care to patients
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, regarding 7 day shift work
- Ideally have health care experience (but not essential)
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
We operate a 12 hour shift system working days and waking nights on a rota
Please note regulations are changing; from 11th November 2021, anyone entering some of our offices / services / Hospitals, will need to be fully vaccinated unless they are exempt under the regulations. Anyone entering for a job interview at Blackheath must also show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, interviews will take place remotely (via video call or telephone).
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding befits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 week’s paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest on the link here https://huntercombe.com/work-with-us/