Communications Officer (Internal Communications)
Eton CollegePart time Full day
We are looking for a creative Communications Officer with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to support the Head of Communications to deliver engaging and accurate content and publications to internal staff, pupils and parents.
This is a 35 hour a week role, working 39 weeks per year, in line with the state school term times.
- Responsible for the internal staff, pupil and parent e-bulletins – liaising with College staff and pupils on content – writing, compiling, proofing and ensuring timely distribution
- Support the communications team in the creation of publications to communicate with different groups within the Eton College community as well as producing compelling written and visual content
- Use design skills to ensure all communications materials are consistent, have impact and are appropriate to the audience
- Update content and ensure consistency of the organisation’s intranets (Parent Portal and Firefly)
- Monitor and respond to internal stakeholder feedback to improve internal communication and engagement
- Support the Digital Content Creator in producing digital internal communications
- Where necessary support the communications team in updating content on the external website, gathering and developing content from relevant stakeholders and sources
- Where necessary support the Master i/c of the Press Office in the publishing of news stories for the website including creating photo galleries
- Where necessary write engaging news articles for the website
- Where necessary support the College photographer and Filmmaker-in-residence in the production of imagery for the College
- When necessary support the communications team in the management of the College’s photo and video libraries ensuring all content is uploaded, tagged and in accordance with the College’s Photography Policy.
- Where required, undertake regulated activity, such as unsupervised contact with children, ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed and providing safe and effective care at all times.
- Good understanding and effective implementation of Child Protection procedures
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood.
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt style to convey relevant messages accurately and effectively
- The proven ability to produce accurate documentation and communications, with the ability to proof-read and check others’ work.
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills and a willingness/aptitude to develop these; in particular, knowledge of MS Office is required, and existing knowledge of Adobe creative packages: InDesign & Photoshop desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A creative flair for design, with exceptional attention to detail
- Personal warmth to engage positively and gain the confidence and trust of staff and pupils
- Reliability and flexibility with a ‘can-do’ approach to all duties and responsibilities
- Diplomacy and discretion with a professional approach at all times
- A positive and proactive attitude – the ability to identify interesting stories and follow them up
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.