Java Software Engineer
BT PlcFull time Full day
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The key purpose of this Software Engineer role is to take ownership of a part of a Digital Channels solutions, including design, implementation, unit, feasibility testing and component testing, and preparation for solution deployment. The team you will be joining have solutions built on Java.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- You will work independently but as part of a Agile Squad with some guidance when needed and can contribute to pairing with other team members.
- You will ensure that internal & self service non-functional, functional and operational requirements have been met.
- You'll be able to contribute as one of the key Software engineers which includes guaranteeing that other members of the team are fully aware of changes being made and have been involved in creating and reviewing the solution.
- You'll define, build and manage software environment, introducing new tools and new facilities to test hardware and software as appropriate.
- You'll contribute to planning and prioritising Agile Delivery tasks/stories within the team, with enough awareness of the overall Internal & self service development lifecycle, architecture, Engineering tools and techniques, learning from and improving their own approach.
- Contributing to Digital Channels knowledge base by taking proper knowledge share from Digital Channels Architecture, ASG/Devops and wider teams, and participate in cross knowledge share programs.
- Potentially responsible for interacting with our customers to work out requirements capture and/or show and tell part of solution. This includes developing an understanding of an element of the business domain sufficient to be able to interpret requirements, and making sound design and implementation decisions.
- Participate in identifying potential continuous improvements to individual and team practices while being conscious of costs and benefits; and taking ownership of implementing any changes based on improvements identified.
- Perform routine analysis and design tasks of various projects.
- Make modifications to existing code or develop completely new modules of moderate complexity.
- Provide updates and estimates during the development cycle.
- Design, implement, unit and component test and prepare for deployment.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to solve problems.
You'll have the following skills & experience
A bit more detail on the Tech Stack we use is below:
- Java Ver 8 and above - Preference 11
- MySQL or MongoDB
- Creating web services SOAP and RESTful
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
PHP or Java
Docker / React
PHP or Java
Docker / React
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.