Senior Financial Accountant
GreencoreFull time Full day
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Supporting a team of accountants in producing monthly primary financial statements for a number of manufacturing sites (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) and related board report sections in line with Group and accounting standards, manage the financial internal control environment and prepare budgets & forecast for the primary financial statements and fixed costs.
- Ensure the integrity of the Financial Accounts control environment for your manufacturing sites and meeting of the reporting deadlines to agreed standards.
- Establish strong relationships with the Sites Operational Finance Team.
- Monitor the established internal financial control environment to ensure that current standards are maintained
- Produce fixed cost analysis and supporting commentary to provide insight on key trends and propose corrective actions
- Monitor capital spend against budget / forecast to ensure spend is within agreed limits and exceptions are escalated
- Maintain the Fixed Assets register ensuring all items are clearly identified, allocated to relevant projects and reconciled to the trial balance
- Prepare supporting schedules for audit purposes and deal with queries from both internal and external audit teams
- Oversee preparation of monthly accounts and year end accounts and ensure that the Group SAP BPC reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist with forecast & budget preparations (fixed overhead & Indirect labour, balance sheet and cash).
- Ensure internal deadlines are met on key reporting deliverables
- Accurate and timely completion of group related returns
- Ensure agreement of all inter-company balances on a monthly basis.
- Ad hoc information and analysis as required Financial, operational & commercial
What we're looking for
- Strong financial accounting knowledge, qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- At least 2 years post qualified experience.
- Finance system management and internal control
- Leading a team / managing people
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Basic knowledge of corporation tax
- Strong communication skills - finance and non-finance
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Experience in FMCG environment is preferential but not essential.
- Ability to convey complicated technical issues to non accountants.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.