Phoenix GroupFull time Full day
Job Type: Permanent
Job Contact: 0131 245 1000
Closing Date: 21/11/21
We support hybrid and flexible ways of working, and would welcome discussion on how we can enable you to thrive in your role. There may be a requirement to meet, engage and collaborate with team members or stakeholders at our offices for business purposes at particular times which would be discussed with you.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creative and inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our customers and clients
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. We serve millions of policyholders, have billions of pounds of assets and we've been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for 9 years running. We focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving financial outcomes and improving customer experience for our policyholders across the UK and Europe. As we grow, you can too; this is your opportunity to really make a difference with a growing FTSE 100 organisation.
We're currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join our Group Financial Reporting Team.
- Leading and assisting in the preparation of the IFRS financial statements and Solvency II reporting for the Group
- Preparing analysis of and providing insight into the Group's externally reported financial results
- Developing subject matter expertise in a range of areas in order to effectively review and challenge divisional submissions, including an understanding of IFRS insurance accounting, Solvency II and investments reporting
- Supporting the delivery of Group Finance projects in respect of corporate activity, including the integration of acquired businesses into the Group's financial reporting processes
- Partnering with divisions and other Group functions to ensure that Group reporting requirements are understood and met, and to provide advice on financial and regulatory reporting issues
- Drafting of accounting position papers and input into papers for the Board Audit Committee
- Have responsibility to sign-off the work of other accountants and provide coaching to more junior members of the team
- Acting as the first point of contact for and management of relationships with the team's key stakeholders, including divisional finance teams, Group Tax, Treasury, Actuarial and Investor Relations
What We're Looking For
- Qualified accountant
- A track record of strong performance within financial and/or Solvency II reporting roles
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, high level analytical skills and a good understanding of consolidations within the context of a large listed group
- Ability to apply understanding of reporting standards under IFRS / Solvency II in a Group context (previous exposure to Solvency II is desirable, but a willingness to develop knowledge in this area is essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and drive best practice across the Group
- Adaptability and approachability in a close team environment
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.