BAE SystemsFull time Full day
Overhead Accountant (12M FTC)
Would you like to play a key role within our Cost Base team, working with the Principal Overhead Accountant and others to provide financial support and guidance to the Engineering Function as their valued Finance Business Partner? We currently have a vacancy for an Overhead Accountant at our site in Rochester.
As an Overhead Accountant, you will be reporting to the Principal Overhead Accountant your role will be to provide support to key senior financial and non-financial stakeholders. You will be involved in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, supporting various forecasting, and reporting requirements, ensuring that the business is compliant with mandated policies. This role is important to the success of the Cost Base team and is perfect for someone who is ready to bring energy and ideas, and who is looking to broaden their understanding of both Cost Base Accounting and Functional resource management.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and gain knowledge in strategy in Engineering teams.
Your main responsibilities as an Overhead Accountant will involve:
- Engaging and collaborating with key functional leads in completing financial forecasts in support of operating plans (annual budget), quarterly business reviews, 5-year integrated business plans and challenging key assumptions to establish robust forecasts.
- Providing support to budget holders to help deliver on their financial commitments by tracking performance and providing insightful commentary to facilitate decision-making.
- Providing accurate management accounting information on a timely basis.
- Collaborating seamlessly with the wider cost base team and other stakeholders, ensuring that processes are working effectively and efficiently and improvements are implemented.
- Providing support for Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively within at all levels
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
- Good attention to detail and ability to swiftly analyse numerical data
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Must have the ability to work well with others and be a committed team player
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of Oracle ERP systems (or equivalent) and Hyperion
- Commenced or obtained Professional Qualifications within Accountancy
- Experience gained within a manufacturing environment would be highly advantageous but not essential
What we're looking for in you:
You will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of cost base management, financial control and analysis. You have the ability to work closely with key stakeholders, building strong working partnerships, to be inquisitive and able to question and analyse data confidently at all levels.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.