L3Harris Technologies, Inc.Full time Full day
Apply Now Save Job
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
Job Code: AS20212809-70074
About the role:
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of 'Creating Safer Skies'. From our computer based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft.
Our team based in Crawley West Sussex have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant who will ensure that the financial accounting ledgers are maintained to a high standard and enable high quality financial reporting. You will assist the UK Controller and Financial Reporting Manager in establishing a strong financial control environment suitable to support the growth strategy of the business. You will deputise for the Financial Reporting manager in their absence.
The Senior Accountant will be a key position in the Financial Control team. Reporting directly to the Financial Reporting Manager, the role will work closely with other members of the Financial Control Team, the Finance Operations Manager and the transactional accounting team members (AP/AR).
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Month-end close of general ledgers
- Review of P&L and balance sheet to ensure all correct postings included
- Upload of monthly results to HFM
- Completion of SOX controls as required by internal audit
- Corporate reporting requests including quarterly tax, balance sheet and P&L fluxes
- Management of accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts
- Management of inventory including consignment
- Management of intercompany transactions
- Completion of group and statutory tax packs
- Assistance with HMRC matters – R&D tax credit claims, VAT, PAYE
- Completion of annual statutory accounts
- Dealing with auditors – external and internal
- Coaching of other team members
- Provision of holiday cover
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Would suit newly qualified top 10 practice trained accountant looking for first move into industry
- Significant exposure to IFRS and US GAAP
- Significant exposure to UK corporation tax computations
- Extensive systems experience including SAP, Hyperion HFM, Excel
- Experience of working in a multicurrency environment
- Experience of full statutory accounts completion
- Experience of US working environment with tight reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to identify problems and prioritize to meet goals
- Competence to balance multiple concurrent priorities, both financial and non-financial
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsided staff restaurant
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.