Data Partner - 6 months contract
BarclaysFull time Full day
Data Partner – 6 month FTC
As a Barclays Data Partner you will be joining the team at an exciting time. We’re looking for Data Partner who has the ability to translate business requirements into technical and functional designs and used to create strategic data and BI solutions. You will work in a team which is part of the Barclays UK Chief Data Office (CDO) function that provides data and business intelligence for Barclays UK.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
This opportunity is open to job share arrangements. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Be accountable for the management and delivery of the MI architecture and provide support to the MI environments, including but not limited to: Ab Initio, Hadoop
- Ensure that all MI development adheres to a robust control and governance framework
- Be accountable for the design, build, test, and deliver Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to key internal/ external (e.g. FCA, or external auditors) stakeholders
- Create and implement a robust test framework to ensure successful implementation of developments or new applications
What we’re looking for:
• Good knowledge of ETL – Ab Initio
- Experience in Database – SQL (Teradata, Oracle & SQL Server), Data structures (tables, views, metadata, space management), Data Transformation (BTEQ)
- Good technical experience in UNIX, Shell Scripting, Automation (TWS)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Reporting – Tableau, Open Source Reporting (OpenText)
- Version Control – Stash/ BitBucket
- Data Modelling – ER Studio
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.