H&S Senior Specialist - Health & Wellbeing Programmes
University of SydneyFull time Full day
- Senior Health and Wellbeing Specialist to provide expert advice on psychological health and wellbeing across University operations
- Utilise your subject matter expertise gained through qualifications and experience in psychology, wellbeing and mental health to provide effective support to the Professional Services Units, clients and colleagues
- Full time continuing position, offering a base salary of $127K p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
In light of significant developments under The University's Health and Safety strategy, we are seeking a highly qualified and experienced, consultative and skilled Health and Wellbeing Specialist to join our Health and Safety Professional Services Unit. As the Health and Wellbeing Specialist you will provide sector leading advice, guidance and support across all aspects of the university's operations and academic activities. In this role you will call on your knowledge to develop and implement policies, procedures, and programs to build and sustain a positive and proactive culture.
You will deploy your high level of stakeholder engagement skills to effectively achieve outcomes, this will include working closely with leaders and staff to share best practice insights. Additionally, you will ensure an effective working relationship between the Health and Safety Professional Services Unit and key client groups by regular communication such as attending meetings and involvement in operational planning activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Specialist, Health & Wellbeing who can demonstrate:
- practical experience of providing expert advice in health and wellbeing with a demonstrated understanding of best practice, relevant legislation, Australian standards and guidelines
- a high level of stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to negotiate and influence outcome
- experience in providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to senior staff to enable them to lead cultural and behavioural change
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience presenting to groups, facilitating workshops, and chairing meetings
- capability to undertake appropriate data analysis and compose clear reports including complex and sensitive information
- experience in developing an effective and sustainable Safety culture and of conceptualising, developing and implementing practical compliance and safety programs
- knowledge of specialist health & wellbeing strategies in complex scientific or medical laboratory-based research environments.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, Wednesday 22ndh September 2021
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Jennifer MacLachlan, Recruitment Operations, by email [email protected]
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Closing Date: 22 September 2021