E-Commerce First Line Manager - SDC
Pets at Home GroupFull time Full day
E-Commerce First Line Manager
Pets at Home Ltd has over 430+ stores across the UK and continues to grow and evolve
each and every year. Our Distribution Centre in Northampton houses both retail and multi-channel operations. The site currently has approx. 650 colleagues with the capacity to expand the operation further.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a growing business as a First Line Manager within our retail sector in our DC in Northampton, with excellent progression paths available. You will required to work either AM (06:00-14:00), PM (14:00-22:00) or night shifts (22:00-06:00).
Reporting to the Site Shift Manager, responsible for all operational and site aspects of a Distribution Centre.
- Maintain a proactive approach to risk management and adherence to site health & safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, in terms of quality, productivity, daily and weekly operations reporting and key performance indicators (KPI) management.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and added value whilst key service levels are not affected.
- Maintain the accuracy of the warehouse stock file, ensuring stock control processes and controls are adhered to.
- Responsible for developing a collaborative relationship with internal teams & suppliers to ensure that communication within the operation is consistent.
- Conduct daily briefs to the team, covering volumes to be picked/service level/damages/error rate and own shift case rate, also covering the % picked and actual against the business demand.
- Plan and manage the day to day requirements of their designated area to meet demands, utilising the colleagues available in the areas that suit for that days requirements.
- Monitor all absence from work ensuring all Return to Work Interviews are completed and action taken where required.
- To liaise with Stock Control daily to discuss warehouse cross offs and availability and rectify accordingly, covering any replenishment errors.
- To ensure all accident / incidents investigations are carried out and reports presented to Human Resources.
- Be pro-active in the planning of the shift patterns including precise and accurate handover shift by shift.
- Carry out the disciplinary procedure up to the written warning stage, ensuring that all disciplinary procedures have been adhered to within the Company handbook.
- Liaise with agency representative on a daily basis regarding performance/absence/ holiday/discipline.
- Liaise with transport department daily to assist in the best way to consolidate loads without jeopardising the service to stores.
- To promote a safe working environment for all colleagues and that all the colleagues are briefed on statutory regulations as well as company regulations relevant to Pets at Home.
- Manage all the overtime that is required taking into account the budget figures that have been set within individual areas to meet the business and costs demand.
- Oversee the holiday entitlement for their areas and manage in line with the site policy.
- Produce accurate KPI's on a daily basis for the Site Shift Manager ensuring all information is reliable and precise.
- Ensuring that the general standard of housekeeping is to agreed standards.
- Ensure that all mechanical handling equipment (MHE) is maintained and operated to safe working standards in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all colleagues are fully trained to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Maintain effective and constructive colleague relations.
- Represent the warehouse on the colleague improvement forum and health and safety committees.
Will act upon and follow up any other reasonable requests as identified by senior management
- You will need to be a career focused, highly motivated management professional
- Have demonstrable experience in leading a team within a Logistics/Supply Chain/Warehouse/Distribution Centre setting
- Exposure to working in an automated environment
- Proficient IT capability, comfortable with WMS systems (JDA or similar)
- Flexible to the ever changing business needs
- Good leadership qualities, ability to influence change with a flexible approach to work
- Additional qualifications relevant to the role such as H&S, IOSH, NEBOSH, Fire training, Risk Management and Racking inspections
We are looking for people who will
- Take pride in what they do
- Work as a team
- Strive to be better every day
- Do what they say they will do
- Make it fun
- Put pets before profits
Our teams support each other by being
Details of potential packages behavior
- Salary – Band E, £28,988 - £31,500 depending on experience. If working nights, you will receive 20% night shift premium
- Holidays 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years' service
- An extra day's holiday when it's your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home "Treats" voluntary benefits package