HR Administrator NHS AfC: Band 3
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching HospitalsFull time Full day
Admin & Clercial
NHS AfC: Band 3
7 months (Fixed term until 31.03.2022)
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Alexandra Business Park
£20,330 - £21,777
We are an experienced and award winning Lead Employer employing c.11000 Doctors and Dentists in Training across HEE Cheshire & Mersey, West Midlands, East of England, East Midlands and London and South East, with this model being established since 2010, and are responsible for the full employment life cycle for our speciality doctors in training.
We currently have a temporary vacancy for a HR Administrators to join our rapidly developing and innovative HR Case Management Team. As a Lead Employer Service our key priorities are to ensure the efficient, professional and integrated ‘one stop’ service for all our stakeholders including Host Trusts and our Educational Stakeholders.
Interviews will be held 23rd September 2021.
Main duties of the job
The HR Administrators will work alongside the HR Advisory team in supporting their regions to improve the health and wellbeing of the workforce by managing sickness absence in line with the Trust’s Attendance Management Policy and Procedure. The HR Administrator will be responsible for undertaking administration tasks to support the effective and consistent management of HR case work across all our regions.
With an NVQ Level 3 in administration or equivalent level of knowledge, you will have experience of administration and of working in a customer service environment. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of administrative functions, predominantly focussing on Attendance Management. You will ensure that information is communicated to the highest standard, whilst contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the HR Case Management Team. As a self-driven individual with effective communication and interpersonal skills you will be able to maintain courteous and appropriate working relationships with all stakeholders, maintaining confidentiality at all times. You must be able to demonstrate a good understanding and working knowledge of I.T systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases. With the ability to work in a busy environment and to strict deadlines, you will be able to use your initiative, work well within a team and demonstrate attention to detail.
Please see attached job description and person specification for full details.
Working for our organisation
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST Acute Trust in England for the THIRD year running.
The Trust is currently the only Acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside and is one of few in the entire country to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of Acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To generate and answer telephone calls referred into the Lead Employer HR Case Management Team, in an articulate and professional manner and to escalate any matters as appropriate to the HR Advisor for further advice
- Provide advice and guidance to employees regarding health and wellbeing interventions that may be required following the completion of risk assessments
- To make operational judgements from the information obtained over the telephone / email to evaluate the appropriate course of action in partnership with stakeholders and HR Advisor
- To accurately record the information provided by the employee, including their health and condition, asking probing questions where necessary.
- To coordinate and signpost the employee to the relevant support services, both internal and external including Health, Work and Well Being, EAP, GP Health Service etc.
- To answer general queries regarding the LE’s Risk Assessment processes.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and highlighted (in conjunction with HR Advisor) to relevant stakeholders in a timely way to ensure reviews are held within set timescales.
- Ensure the timely completion of risk assessments for all staff on a daily basis in line with Trust policies.
- Provide administration support ensuring that HR Case Management trackers are up to date enabling the HR team to provide accurate and up to date information to senior stakeholders and the Head of HR as required and to assist the monthly reporting to HEE.
- Support the HR case management team with the administration of induction and training materials as well as presentations.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external communication networks to support the delivery of the Lead Employer Service including the Lead Employer Website.
- Provide administrative support to the Lead Employer Service including the processing and recording of information and production of letters.
- Arrange meetings, meetings and provide note taking support as required.
- Daily review of the LE Case Management generic email account, escalating urgent enquiries as required.
- Procurement of equipment relating to access to work assessments.
- To undertake scanning, copying and filing duties as required.
DATA PROCESSING AND MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
- Ensure that quality systems are in place to monitor risk assessment returns and produce reports to monitor activity against agreed targets.
- Prepare regular statistical reports that provide updates on Lead Employer and regional activity and provide assurance of performance standards. Ensure timely escalation to line manager for areas where performance falls below agreed standards.
- Facilitate the provision of timely and appropriate information to the HR case management team on risk assessment matters; producing weekly reports to assist the management of risk assessments across all of our LE regions.
- Enter accurate and timely data onto HR information systems as directed ensuring data quality at all times
- Ensure security of information in line with Records Management, Information Governance, Caldicott, Confidently and Data Protection policies
- Support the team in the achievement of the published performance standards and those contained within the service level agreements.
- Ensure that for each call/query made or received, any identified actions are processed and completed within the agreed timescales, and that these are fed back to relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with challenging or vulnerable employees, utilising good listening, probing and facilitative skills across a diverse range of calls, some of which maybe challenging and emotive.
- Clearly communicate the Lead Employer Case Management’s service to stakeholders and ensure accurate adherence to the Trust’s Policy’s
- Communicate and feedback to the appropriate HR Advisor assisting them with their caseload and ensuring communication with them remains appropriate and accurate.
- Communicate effectively using a range of delivery methods such as letter writing, emailing, and conversation, whilst adhering to confidentiality requirements at all times.
- Assist in the effective feedback and developments of the service.
- Escalate any matters of concern or complex situations to the HR Advisor.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all Lead Employer stakeholders.
- To ensure that communication with Health, Work, and Well Being, stakeholders and the Lead Employer Case Management Team is both effective and timely.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Provide basic advice regarding the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures, legislation, and terms and conditions of employment to all Lead Employer stakeholders.
- Ensure own work is in accordance with Trust policies and procedures, checking with others where necessary.
- Adhere to escalation procedures to ensure the timely processing of information including identification of non-receipt of fit notes ensuring payroll cut off is met.
- Contribute to the development and review of Lead Employer policies, procedures, and processes as required.
QUALITY OF SERVICE
- Protect access and ensure the sensitive handling of confidential employee information.
- Propose changes to working practices and procedures in own area, as appropriate.
- Identify any areas of the service which are not meeting the required standards.
- Accurately record feedback from stakeholder complaints and share with the Lead Employer HR Case Management Team.
- Contribute to the achievement of corporate objectives and the Lead Employer Service Level Agreement.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Lead Employer Service.
- Work in partnership with colleagues to optimise opportunities for working collaboratively towards the provision of an integrated Lead Employer service.
- Undertake and participate in projects as required.
- Be responsible for own development, including keep up to date with changes to employment legislation and best practice
CLINICAL & PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the relevant codes of practice for the role within the NHS
- Adhere to employment legislation including NHS Employment Check standards
TEACHING & TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain own compliance with the Trusts mandatory and statutory training requirements
- Demonstrate activities in own area to new staff
- Develop skills and competencies of self through training and development activities, ensuring that progress is maintained and future needs identified and actioned.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 level in administration and/or equivalent qualification and/or equivalent experience/knowledge
- NVQ in Customer Care
- IT qualification i.e. RSA 2 or ECDL
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant administration experience
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience of data processing
- Experience in HR, Employment Services or recruitment
- Experience of minute taking
- The ability to present data in an informative and user friendly format
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative, manage and prioritise own workloads and to work autonomously
- Effective organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work in a busy environment and to strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding and working knowledge of I.T systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Eager to learn
- Flexible attitude to work
- Occasional requirements to travel to fulfil requirements of the role – access to own vehicle/assisted driver
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are committed to providing an environment and services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the communities we serve to enable us to reflect their diversity and improve the delivery of the services we provide
Any information gathered during the application process relating to protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is gathered for statistical purposes only and is not made available to recruiting managers at any stage of the recruitment process.
As a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who consider themselves to have a disability and who meet the minimum selection criteria (essential) at each stage of the selection process. You can indicate your wish submit an application under the Trust's guaranteed interview scheme in the personal information section of the online application form.
Transitional arrangements are in place for EU,EEA and Swiss Citizens following the UK's withdrawal from the EU. Should you this apply to you, you are advised to familiarise yourself with these arrangements to ensure you continue to have right to work in the UK and how to evidence that right in the future. Please see the document attached to this vacancy. This requirement does not apply to Irish citizens, who can continue to freely enter, live and work in the UK.
The Trust is a non-smoking site. Failure to follow this rule could lead to disciplinary action.
Please be aware, that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated, should a sufficient number of applications be received from which a shortlist can be confirmed therefore you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
If you are having difficulty completing an online application, please contact [email protected]
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.