Senior Drainage & SUDS Engineer
SNC LavalinFull time Full day
Senior Drainage & SUDS Engineer - All major Atkins UK location (Epsom, Bristol, Cardiff, Warrington, Scotland, Belfast, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham)
Atkins is one of the leading names in the field of Surface Water Management (SWM) and shaping the dialogue within the UK and internationally in how drainage should become integrated part of green blue infrastructure and masterplanning. By joining our drainage national team you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team with a national remit to work with a variety of clients including water companies, local authorities, highways and rail authorities and developers on major projects and be part of a team that develops cutting edge digital services to its clients. This is an exciting time to join the business as we merge more traditional engineering skills with innovative digital methods. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the development of digital processes to enhance the engineering design process. You will work closely with a technical expert(s) in this field and have a potential to develop into the regional point of contact for Surface Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS), providing technical expertise, mentoring our graduate engineers and liaising with key clients across the field.
We are looking for an engineer who has experience in drainage and SuDS, and has a keen interest in planning, ecology, landscape architecture, environmental economics and management, digital tool, making nicer places to live and generally looking after our planet. We do not expect you to be an expert in all these things but an interest in all or some is a pre requisite. If you are an engineer who wants to develop your all-round skills and help find solutions for the management of water in the 21st century then a career in Drainage and Stormwater Management at Atkins could be the place for you.
- Attained a chartered status (ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in drainage design including Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Competence in the use of AutoCAD and Hydraulic modelling – preferably Microdrainage and/or Civils 3D
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- First class written and oral communication skills and
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable and cost effective solutions for our clients
- Experience working on a Design & Build environment
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Sound commercial understanding
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Awareness of BIM and digital design processes
- Producing drainage infrastructure design packages
- Assisting drainage engineers in developing drainage design solutions on multi-disciplinary projects
- Compliance with the CDM Regulations and safety and environmental requirements
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to market Atkins' SUDS expertise to wide variety of clients
- Prepare financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of the team
- Co-ordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.