Water Quality Adviser - #48888
We put customers first and aim to resolve enquiries first time, every time, so the Multifunctional Water Quality Adviser will often work with other departments and external parties to get the job done. It's also a target-oriented environment where outstanding service is well rewarded.What you'll do
We're a busy award-winning contact centre, providing a professional, high-quality service to customers. We currently have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as a Multifunctional Water Quality Adviser, resolving verbal and written customer enquiries and complaints.
You'll participate in a shift and standby rota, maintain accurate up to date information about changes within the business and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills. If you can do all that and strive to improve performance standards for yourself, your team and the department, the opportunities for career progression within the business are excellent.
The role includes:
- investigating and resolving operational verbal and written customer enquiries and complaints relating to water quality within strict timescales and to the standard of our regulator, OFWAT
- interpreting water sample results and arranging further investigations where necessary
- maintaining our internal process for the replacement of private service pipes
- providing water quality training for new and existing members of the Customer Service team
- reacting to water sample failures highlighted by routine sampling
- undertaking investigations for the Consumer Council for Water and compiling a report of events
- liaising with other departments/managers and external parties to gather information to resolve customer issues
- responding to customers who engage with us via social media.
To really flourish within this position, you'll possess excellent customer service skills and be confident regularly engaging with customers over the phone, via email and in writing.
Additional skills and experience include:
- a working knowledge of water quality standards and regulations
- a flair for creative writing with previous letter writing experience
- the ability to organise, problem solve, use initiative, multitask and work under pressure with good attention to detail
- a flexible and positive approach and being comfortable with the need to change priorities from time to time
- good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Total pension contributions up to 20%.
- Career progression and professional development opportunities.
- 25 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
- The opportunity to buy up to ten days' holiday and sell up to five every year.
- A healthcare package that allows you to claim back healthcare costs.
- Life assurance of up to eight times your salary.
- A new electric car in exchange for part of your gross salary.
- Cashback and discounts from more than 3,000 retailers.
- One paid volunteering day each year.
- Enhanced family leave and pay arrangements.
- An interactive health and wellbeing platform.
- Support from mental health first aiders.
- A £1,000 referral fee if you recommend someone to work for us.
We are one of the top-performing water and sewerage companies in England and Wales, serving 2.9 million people across the South West.
The work we do goes beyond providing an essential public service. We also aim to have a positive impact on the communities we serve and the natural environment.
Our people tell us Wessex Water is a great place to work, which is why so many of them stay with us! You will have the opportunity to develop and progress your career, while also receiving health and wellbeing support.
We also continue to promote diversity and inclusion – with that in mind, all applicants are welcome. We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us and if you would like to be part of our journey, we would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to let us know about any additional support you may need.
Sound interesting? Apply to start your application.