Vehicle Parts Assistant Apprenticeship - Edinburgh - #49069
Direct Line Group
Vehicle Parts Assistant Apprenticeship
Starting Salary – £17,000
Let’s make the most of your talent
An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career whilst working towards a qualification at the same time!
The future is exciting as the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every day, which is really helping us re-shape the vehicle repair industry. That's why we're excited to grow our teams and looking for people to join us.
We’re searching for Vehicle Parts Assistant Apprentices to join our team on a 2 year programme in our DLG Centre in Edinburgh. During the apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 2 Trade Supplier Apprenticeship in partnership with a leading training provider.
With a network of body shops that spans the length and breadth of the UK, and 90,000 accident damaged vehicles passing through our garages every year, here at DLG Auto Services, we don’t do things by halves. We’re bringing together sustainable, advanced tech and compassionate customer service to ensure our services stay ahead of the game. And we’re doing it for the good of motorists across the UK.
At DLG Auto Services, we have one goal – to get our customers back on the road as quickly and smoothly as possible. Vehicles keep us connected, and accidents can make getting from A to B that much harder. That’s why, across our 23 sites, we provide high-quality, efficient repair services so that our customers can do more of what they love.
What we are looking for
- Have or be predicted an A*-G (9-1) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll need to be able to evidence. However, if you have extenuating circumstances please do get in touch.
- Applicants need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
Who you’ll be working with
You will work closely with our DLG Auto Services Bodyshop colleagues, who you will build trusting relationships with and ensure they have the vehicle parts required so they can work effectively. This role will also include working closely with our external suppliers to source and procure vehicle parts.
A key part of this role will involve being a central point of contact for our internal and external customers throughout their vehicle repairs ensuring they receive an excellent customer service experience.
What you’ll be doing
Once a customer’s vehicle has had its damage assessed and an estimate for repair has been produced the parts-assistant procures the parts required for full repairs to be made.
As a Parts Assistant Apprentice you will be responsible for all aspects of ordering, pricing and administration - even sourcing parts that are unavailable through the usual channels.
- Stock control management for vehicle parts
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Stakeholder management with key suppliers
- Proactively resolve issues as they arise
- Be a point of contact for deliveries in warehouse and goods inwards
- Be aware of and ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed
- Use DLG digital systems/software to ensure governance of customer repairs
By becoming an apprentice at DLG, you’ll be able to combine on-the-job practical skills with theoretical knowledge from off-the-job learning, giving you the best opportunity to develop your career in the motor industry.
You will be paired with a dedicated DLG mentor who will support your training on site every step of the way.
There is a blended study mode which includes:-
- Face-to-face sessions and online tutor led sessions/support (at the employer’s premises)
- There is an End-Point-Assessment for this apprenticeship. This is where you will demonstrate that you have learnt the required knowledge, skills and behaviours.
What we’ll give you in return:
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- 22 days holiday (rising by 1 each year to 25) + bank holidays and option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Ways of Working:
All of our Auto Services Apprenticeships are 100% site based and you would be expected to be able to work from your home site 5 days per week. Hours and shifts can vary depending on your site location but will often include an early start.
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
Hours – 40 per week
Location – Unit 1, Sherwood Industrial Estate, Cockpen Road, Bonnyrigg, EH19 3LW
Start Date – August/September 2024
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team of brilliant individuals, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every single one of us brings. Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.
If you have any questions please email ************@directlinegroup.co.uk