Train Presentation Team Leader - #35353
HITACHI RAIL LIMITED
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role:
Here at Hitachi Rail, we are looking to recruit dedicated Train Presentation Team Leaders to join our train maintenance centres in Stoke Gifford Bristol & London North Pole and the Outstation in Swansea.
In this exciting new role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and leadership of Train Presentation staff on shift to ensure delivery of the Train Presentation Class 800/802 fleets standards, safe entry and exit of staff to trains in cleaning locations and communication with Operations teams to ensure the safe movement of trains.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Compliance with regards to all cleaning activities as required in the TSA Contract.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the depot-based cleaning teams.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the shift Train Presentation Supervisors.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of any other Train Presentation roles as required.
- Responsible for providing clarity and direction to the depot cleaning teams as and when required.
- Undertaking internal and external cleaning assessments and audits as required at the depot.
- Support other depot locations as directed by TP Manager as and when required.
- Work closely with the depot Production team to ensure that allocated sets undertake internal and external cleaning to the required standards.
- To manage contracted cleaning activities for the GWR Hitachi fleets as required.
- Delivery of the operational cleaning plans.
- Daily management of the KPI cleaning regime and associated KPI reporting.
- Recording of KPI failures on KPI scorecards though the associated I.T. Systems
- Document and record all cleaning activities as required to support the customer passenger service.
- Materials and staff planning in conjunction with the associated cleaning requirements.
- Ensure the cleaning teams are trained to the required standard including the use of the necessary I.T. systems to support the capturing of all cleaning KPIs.
- Develop a strong working relationship with stakeholders and continuously improve train cleaning standards and avoidance of KPI Standards failures.
- To develop, supervise and continuously improve the quality and standard of all train cleaning activities.
- To control and monitor the correct use of appropriate train presentation cleaning materials.
- To control and monitor the use of cleaning and equipment.
- Promote Health and Safety within the cleaning team and raise awareness amongst all staff of appropriate Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure effective and economical use of equipment and materials.
- To actively support company equality, diversity and inclusion policies.
- Ensure that all contract cleaning operatives are trained to the required standard to ensure they have the skills and ability to achieve the required cleaning standards.
- Take ownership of all cleaning activities to ensure that standards and required timescales are consistently met.
- Ensure cleaning teams have a sufficient stock of materials and chemicals to enable them to efficiently carry out their duties.
- Actively take part in HSE and quality audits
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to TP Manager
- Report any issues with contractors to the TP Manager
- Ensure teams and assets are moved are moved around depots in a safe manner.
- Report any accidents or incidents.
- Promote a safe working and depot wide safety culture.
- Work to create a culture a ‘One Hitachi’ culture.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of this position.
- Experience of delivering cleaning standards to an efficient, high quality within a transport environment.
- Outstanding Safety Awareness.
- Knowledge and experience of heavy industrial vehicle cleaning practices.
- Ability to carry out equipment checks, maintenance procedures.
- Experience of waste management & recycling
- Experience and understanding of professional cleaning and KPI regimes.
- Experience of working with to provide high standards of cleaning and Hygiene training.
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills. Excellent report writing skills necessary.
- Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
- Experience of an operational railway environment
- Previous experience of Cleaning Supervision to exacting standards.
- Previous Line Management would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of managing cleaning operations
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
- Proven experienced manager with very strong leadership skills
- Calm and diplomatic under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
- Loyal, committed, confident and determined.
- IOSH, COSHH, Manual handling.
- Experience of working in a rail depot environment and at stabling out stations.
- Use of SAP
- Understanding of KPI processes
- Management of Sub Contractors
- Knowledge of Cleaning technology and equipment
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!