Temporary Collections Associate - #48926
We’re looking for a Collections Associate to join our expanding team based in Hull
Reporting to our Accounts Receivable Manager the purpose of your role is to aid revenue recovery, ensure we accurately recover VAT on bad debt, ensure accurate billing, and negotiate prompt payment for Merchant /Partner delinquency. We need to ensure in all cases we are treating our customers fairly & ensure there is minimal disruption for our clients & partners processing card payments.
You will join a growing team of 5 and will be part of a growth business working with colleagues who care about our customers.
This will be an office based role working full time.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill.
- Contacting clients to negotiate payment of overdue payments.
- Take actions improve processes to encourage timely debt payments.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues.
- Driving first touch resolution to solve debt.
- Systems used- Salesforce CRM system, Collections tool, Billing system.
- Supporting the process to recover VAT on debt which will be written off
What you’ll need to succeed
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Financial services Collections regulations.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Problem solving experience.
- Passionate about driving an optimal client experience.
- Strong time management & prioritisation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate & engage in a positive manner.
It would be great if you had working knowledge of Oracle Netsuite but this isn’t essential.
Salary of £26,000 per annum
- Life Assurance 4 x annual base salary
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Private Medical Scheme
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme ER contribution of 3%