Support Worker - Children - #35380
If you’re looking for an exciting and rewarding career, we encourage you to begin your journey with Aspris Care.
We are looking for positive, enthusiastic, caring and focused individuals who are dedicated to becoming part of our team. With Aspris Care, you will feel a sense of fulfilment knowing you have contributed to support our children and young people who may display disruptive behaviours, emotional and social difficulties.
Working within a supportive, therapeutic environment you will be part of a team who are like-minded and dedicated to caring for our children and young people with compassion and a commitment to creating positive relationships.
We offer a range of benefits including a comprehensive training induction program, casual dress, a commitment to furthering your qualifications, internal career progression, fully funded DBS checks, employee wellbeing service, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme and more…
What does the position entail?
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children and young people in our care.
- To provide high quality childcare practice, within Aspris Care’s Philosophy of Care, underpinned by a Person-Centred Values therapeutic approach, across all residential homes.
- To support the Registered Home Manager to ensure that a warm, nurturing, accepting therapeutic environment is evidenced, delivered and developed in accordance with the Company’s core values.
What would my responsibilities be?
- You would have the ability to interact with a range of people/young people
- Be able to work as part of a team and as an individual
- To be able to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
- A desire to work with children who may display challenging behaviour
- Shift work including weekends, evenings & sleep in duties on a rota system
- Good communication skills
- Undertake housekeeping and maintain standards of hygiene within the home
- Full driving licence is preferred but not essential
While we welcome experienced applicants to apply, it’s not essential for an applicant to have experience within this industry as full training is provided. As a person-first company there are a handful of characteristics you’ll need:
- Dedication – We support some of the most vulnerable children in society who require dedicated individuals to support them. We are all working towards one goal in Sandcastle and that is to ensure our children and young people are happy with their care we provide.
- Communication – Good communication skills are vital to this role as you’ll need to communicate with your team and our children and young people to understand their wants/needs. We pride ourselves on our therapeutic care model and communication is key to successfully deliver this.
- Consistency – You’ll need to be confident in providing our children and young people with consistency to ensure they feel at home with us and actively safeguard them under our care.
- Caring – All of our children and young people require care from the Sandcastle team and if you are a naturally caring, compassionate and empathetic person, we urge you to apply as this is the role for you.
Benefits of employment:
- Full induction program, specialist training and accredited qualifications
- Opportunities for career development and progression within a growing company
- Free meals during your work day - eat at the home
- Fully funded DBS
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing assistance program
If this all sounds like something you would enjoy, we encourage you to apply to join our team. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working a rota of: 1 day on - 2 days off
Aspris Care is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our young people, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent