Supply Network Planner - #48849
British American Tobacco
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT UKIS LOOKING FOR A SUPPLY NETWORK PLANNER
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY RANGE:competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION:Southampton, United Kingdom
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- Complete activities to support the delivery of Cash, Cost, Service, and SNO critical metrics for the assigned Area
- As SNO SPOC working with factory/specific end market to help achieve Area, Direct Reporting Business Unit (DRBU) & Region’s targets
- Actively embrace and implement digital transformation initiatives (Integrated Planning Transformation, Hive, Clear Metal, PBI, and other online tools) for the assigned factory/end market
- Continuously upskill the technical capabilities and commercial understanding
- Continuously seek and explore process simplification within Area & DRBU
- Communication with the customer and/or customer service.
- Responsible for overall inventory within the supply network
- Handling and validating the cumulative planning lead-times
- Resolving and presenting supply issues the impact external demand
- Planned orders (deployment) for inter and in-market inventory deployment
- Demand & distribution exceptions
- Execution of distribution orders within the firm zone
- Collaborating with the demand planner, master planner (or SNP) and local distribution orders in the scheduling zones
- Ensuring constraint availability
- Transactional and master data
- Responsible for demand analysis
- Selects scenarios in case of resolution
Specific accountabilities for the Master Planner
- Supervising and actioning supply exceptions
- Collaborating with Master Planner Production (or SNP), purchasing planner, production scheduler and D&I Planner.
- Ensuring visibility for the supplier capacity and supplier raw materials availability
- Achieving efficient plan for the entire planning horizon (FG, WMS, SFG)
- Firming and aligning supply and planned orders (for production and purchasing) in the planning zone
- Defining and maintaining the resources that are not in source system
- Build Planning BOM and new constraint in KXS Rapid Response
Specific accountabilities for the Distribution & Inventory role:
- Supply chain networks and maps
- Responsible for calculating stockholding policies and (MEIO FG) handling inventory service levels, safety stock and inventory levels
- Approval of parameter automation policies due to segmentation
- Approval of stockholding or other policies
Experience, skills, knowledge
- 1-3 years across Planning, Logistic, NPI
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and digital skills
- Good Supply Chain knowledge (process, metrics)
- Knowledge in IWS, CI tools, and agile concept
- Some evidence of leadership capabilities, for example:
- Ability to make inquisitive decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Curiosity to seek out new insights and knowledge.
- Challenging complexity and seeking out simpler / faster ways of working.
- Setting high standards and delivering outstanding results.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Mastery in sophisticated planning system could be an advantage
- Experience with ERP / Planning systems.
- FMCGs experience
Qualifying questions for applicants
- How experienced are you in handling small sized, teams with varied strengths?
- Especially in the area of Supply Planning?
- Are you familiar with E2E Synchronised Supply Chain?
- Do you have any experience of working as part of an above market business unit?
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHERCollaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!