Special Needs Teaching Assistant - #48922
Vision for Education
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Sunderland (Full Time/Long Term)
£350 - £450 per week (salary is depending on experience and/or qualifications)
ASAP - Ongoing
About the role
This specialist school has partnered with Vision for Education to recruit a passionate Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join their ever growing team. This is a full time role, meaning the appointed Special Needs Teaching Assistant will be working Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:30 to 16:30. Throughout the role of a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be working with and supporting children and young people who have complex needs to work towards their academic learning goals. You may be asked to work in small groups an/or a 1:1 basis with any students who require extra support and guidance. as well as assisting pupils both in and out of school safely.
About the school
This SEND school, located in Sunderland supports children and young people aged between 5 and 13 who have complex needs such as Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH), Autism and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
To be considered for the role of Special Needs Teaching Assistant you will:
- Must have enhanced DBS registered on the update service/ be willing to go through the DBS process if do not already hold certificate
- Must have experience working with SEND pupils
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be kind, caring and compassionate
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for EducationVision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offerAs a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.