Solar Domain Expert - #48968
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About Energy Systems
We help customers navigate the complex transition to a decarbonized and more sustainable energy future. We do this by assuring that energy systems work safely and effectively, using solutions that are increasingly digital. We also help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry
About the role
Are you a solar PV asset manager passionate about renewable energy? Do you often see opportunities where others see problems? Do you have deep insights and experience in Solar PV industry? Are you thrilled by the idea of identifying the problems worth solving and creating the next generation of software-based solutions using digitalization? If so, come join us on this extraordinary journey and help DNV make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV Energy Systems is in the middle of an exciting digital transformation! The future growth of our digital twins, management, monitoring and control solutions for renewable energy assets is in our hands. We have created a brand-new unit focusing on digitalization and innovation within GreenPowerMonitoring. By closely liaising with our customers, we are molding solutions that will become part of our future software offering. Combining our deep domain expertise in wind, solar, storage and grid integration with the unlimited potential of digitalization, we will be offering trustworthy actionable insights that will enable best-in-class operational performance of our customers’ assets.
Learn more at www.greenpowermonitor.com and www.dnv.com.
The position is a part of the Domain Knowledge Team.
The main remit of this Team is:
- To create digital tools that enable our customers to optimize the way their assets operate
- To innovate and disrupt the industry with best-in-class solutions and breakthrough market opportunities
- To provide analytics and tools for the suite of GPM solutions and
- To leverage the potential of data analytics combined with the technical knowledge available in the wider cohort of DNV Energy Systems colleagues
Your day to day will include:
- Designing innovative algorithms that will add value to customers when managing Solar PV assets and portfolios
- Building on and maintain existing algorithms developed by DNV to estimate assets life and performance degradation
- Building relationships with customers to discover market requirements and goals
- Ensuring that DNV’s Solar PV technology expertise flows into algorithms and eventually into software offerings
- Transforming the designed algorithms into Python code
- Conveying GPM’s plans in an easy-to-understand manner and help deploy our analytics solutions to the portfolio of our Customers
- Maintaining close technical collaboration with the GPM software teams to integrate algorithms into products
- Participating in internal and external feedback sessions to ensure Solar PV specific algorithms are scalable and easy for broad implementation
- Being part of the Key Account Management process to ensure GPM are providing value to our Key customers and partners
- Innovating and improving the GPM offering
- Cultivating working relationship with DNV Energy Systems Renewables Advisory colleagues and GPM’s Product Team to plan the development and maintenance of solutions and their alignment with our overall strategy
- Working closely with 3rd parties in the industry to share developments, find synergies and standardize solutions.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
What we offer
Along with competitive conditions, DNV offers you the possibility to make a global impact on a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and the appreciation of work-life balance.
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues and meet demanding customers in an international environment
- Experience complex and exciting challenges
- Work locally with the chance to expand your global horizon
- We enable a continuous individual development
- Social benefits as per DNV location
- If you are an analytical thinker, and an expert in Operational solar PV technology
- If you never compromise on safety, quality, personal and professional integrity, and thrive in a dynamic environment by being flexible and adaptable to deliver timely results to customers
- If you are a relationship builder, you inspire trust and confidence to promote strong working relationships
- If you want to work with a young and agile team within a flat and successful organization because you believe that a sustainable future will be possible thanks to innovation
- If you have a digital mindset and can create valuable python-based code.
- If you demonstrate strong influencing and technical skills alongside a high level of resilience, as successful innovation can come at the expense of many short-term failures.
We are almost certainly the right team for you!
Then Join our Team!
- Python coding skills
- Demonstrable domain knowledge of Solar PV operation and maintenance practices and Solar PV technology
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex themes both internally and externally
- Experience of processing SCADA data in general or Solar PV data to create meaningful insights for asset owners and operators.
- Engineer with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience of handling large amounts of data.