Smart Energy Stakeholder Support Consultant - #35457
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is making things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain and is opening up opportunities for the future direction of the market. Gemserv has been providing the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service on behalf of the energy industry since 2013. It’s a complex, challenging and ground-breaking sector and would suit someone who wants to make a real difference in the transition to Net Zero. We are looking for a Stakeholder Support Consultant to join us who has good knowledge of the smart metering arrangements.
As the Stakeholder Support Consultant, you will be part of a smaller team within SECAS, the Party Engagement team. This team is responsible for engaging with and supporting energy companies through the Smart Energy Code (SEC) journey. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting engagement and providing guidance spanning the full lifecycle; from organisations signing up to the SEC, Parties becoming users of the DCC’s systems, to engaging with the Code through events and workshops, using the SEC website and helpdesk, and exiting the Code.
The role requires strong relationship management and problem-solving skills, as well as flexibility to manage changing and competing priorities, and a keen eye for detail.
In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with new applicants and existing Parties of the Smart Energy Code and reviewing the processes and guidance materials that underpin our services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and meet the needs of SEC Parties. You will also be responsible for collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to capture views and understand impacts, preparing and delivering in-person and remote presentations and producing high quality documentation, website content and written communications using Plain English.
The successful candidate will need to understand the GB smart metering arrangements and have an awareness of the governance and technical arrangements underpinning these. We are therefore looking for someone who has worked within the smart metering sector.
There is potential for the scope of the role to change over time, in line with candidate skills, and as we review how we structure the team to deliver the best client experience.
- Developing and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the smart metering arrangements and Smart Energy Code
- Providing advice and support to applicants, SEC Parties and stakeholders
- Processing applications and managing SEC processes
- Responding to email and Helpdesk enquiries in a timely manner
- Analysing the root cause of issues, providing guidance on the appropriate channel to resolve the issue
- Preparing reports and written papers for Committee meetings
- Updating and creating Guidance Notes, website and newsletter materials
- Preparing and delivering clear presentations to a variety of forums
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to our culture of continuous improvement
- Other work as requested by your manager
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- Have excellent planning and organisational abilities, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have good stakeholder management skills with the ability and confidence to influence peers;
- Have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- Have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes;
- Be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- Strive for excellence in their work by being methodical, diligent, and paying attention to detail;
- Experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering (desirable);
- University graduate or of graduate-calibre
Salary Range £31,125 - £42,579, plus excellent benefits package
WHAT WE OFFER
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
Reward and recognition schemes
Private Bupa healthcare
Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
Matched pension contributions
Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to work scheme
Buy and Sell annual leave
Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
Corporate gym rates
Employee Assistance Programme
Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar