Senior Researcher for Wind Farm Control - #48998
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About Group
Group functions provide support on legal, tax, compliance, finance, communication, and human resources issues. Our Research and Development unit is also part of Group and provides science-based insights and foresight to solve industry challenges that impact our customers and society and support our own growth
About the role
You will join a world leading team within R&D in Wind Energy. Your work will be able to make a significant impact, not only on our company but also the wider industry.
You will be working with state-of-the-art models.
In this role you will:
- Maintain, develop and validate our software code (LongSim)
- Carry out advanced data analysis
- Take part in externally funded projects, including Joint Industry Projects
- Work with and guide Researcher within the same field
- Communicate with internal and external parties within the field
- Attend and give presentations at international conferences
- Write peer-reviewed papers and reports
What we offer
We value all our people and the contribution they make to our business, so it’s important that our rewards make us all feel valued here. That is why we recognise personal needs and offer a flexible reward and benefits package, allowing you to choose the things that matter to you, including:
- Fantastic career progression opportunities, with the resources to support your development, and the freedom to satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn
- Non-contractual Profit Share Scheme
- Lifestyle benefits: 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options
- Wellbeing benefits: (inc Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Gym allowance). Company contribution towards eye tests and glasses (for computer/laptop users), and Flu Vaccinations. Also, our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides free and confidential support for issues including work, family, relationships, money and health and we provide free fruit in our offices
- Financial Benefits: including a Pension Scheme with employer pension contributions up to 9%, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Travel benefits: Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (for personal use)
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £570)
- Access to employee retail discount site for high street and on-line shopping
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
We are looking for a person with excellent skills in the development, application and validation of models for Wind Farm Control.
- Deep knowledge about Wind Farm Control in general
- Expert in development, application and validation of engineering models
- in particular wind farm flow models (including wake and blockage models)
- Understanding of advanced optimisation techniques
- Very experienced in data analysis
- A solid academic background, educated to degree level in either engineering or science
It would also be an advantage if the candidate has experience in one or several fields listed below:
- CFD modelling
- AI/ML applications
- Floating wind