Senior Project Manager – Commercial / Fit Out - #35440
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join our busy and expanding, London based, Occupier Fit Out team.
Main Purpose of role:
- To be part of Turner & Townsend’s occupier fit out team
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To provide support on major Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for an aspect of service delivery.
- To ensure that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
- Establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Leading on establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Lead on Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- Leading on advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Leading on the monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Set up and manage the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager
- Assisting in the production of bid documentation
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date on our internal systems
- Identifying ways in which project management products and services can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying cross-divisional opportunities
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and monitoring a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Educated to degree level
- Holder of a construction/property related academic qualification
- Ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying or architecture
- Experience of delivering CAT B office fit-out projects
- Delivered schemes in excess of 60,000 sqft
- Project Management experience in a Consultancy preferred
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.