Senior Practitioner (Band 6) - MHST - Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust - #49060
Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
As part of Hertfordshire CAMHS transformation, our priority is simple: to increase access and availability of mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people.
Driven by this goal and in line with NHS long term plans, we have exciting new opportunities for Supervisors to work at the forefront of innovation in Children’s and Young Peoples Mental Health and to play an instrumental role in a forward-thinking service delivering interventions into schools and other settings in Hertfordshire.
This role is a chance to make a difference in young lives, and as such duties will include elements of operational management in support of the Team Leader as well as clinical activity.
- You will be expected to support the Team Leader to contribute to the team with a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic mental health team in a creative environment where evidence-based interventions, new ideas, ways of working and supporting children and young people are actively encouraged.
- This approach requires flexibility, dynamism and above all a passion for working with children and young people in educational settings whilst also motivating, inspiring and supporting your team to do the same.
- You will be responsible for operationalizing the delivery of evidence based interventions within Mental Health Support Teams (MHSTs) in schools and colleges whilst providing supervision for EMHPs.
Supervisors will be a graduate qualified health care professional will:
- Have some level of formal CBT training (e.g. CYP-IAPT)
- Have previous consolidated post graduate experience of working with young people with emotional and mental health issues
- Have completed the HEE Postgraduate Diploma in Education Mental Health Practice or the HEE Postgraduate Certificate Psychological Wellbeing Practice for children and young people (with at least 1 year post-qualification practice)
- You will have experience in delivering evidenced-based CBT interventions for mild to moderate mental health issues such as anxiety, low mood and behavioural problems to CYP both individually and in groups.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of ‘Outstanding’ from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
You will be expected to work in schools closely with school staff to support CYP, their families and staff to foster a whole school approach to mental well-being meaning a commitment to travel within the aforementioned areas.
The Supervisors will play a key role in:
- Forming strong working relations with a variety of stakeholders
- Providing consultations to education colleagues and support education setting to embed a whole school approach to wellbeing
- Developing and delivering evidence-based time limited interventions to young people within education settings
- Evidencing the outcomes of the MHST service
- Providing clinical supervision to trainee Education and Mental Health practitioners.