Senior International Opportunities Officer - #48895
University of Salford
£37,100 to £44,263
7th February 2024
25th February 2024
So what will the role involve?
- People management including being a senior line of escalation of issues for mobility students, working with colleagues across the University to resolve issues
- Leading and managing the grant funded mobility programmes including the Turing Scheme, from the bid process to project management, liaising with the schools and key professional services stakeholders
- To lead and manage the Study Abroad programme
- Working with the leadership of the International Office, provide support to operationalise new policy and process directions for International Opportunities work
- Managing the marketing and promotions activities for International Opportunities including managing a budget and adhering to University policies and procedures
The role requires a good communicator and team player who can connect with colleagues across professional services and schools to account manage partners. You will also be required to have a high level of attention to detail to enable compliance of grant funded schemes.
You will have experience of working with international opportunities, developing study abroad schemes and be able to show how you have experience of effectively managing communication channels and maintain relationships.
A bit about the team...
The Partnerships Team is located within the International Office and is responsible for supporting and developing International Opportunities, UK Partnerships and Partnerships overseas. The International Office also has an International Recruitment Team works closely with the Academic Schools in planning and implementing regional strategies to increase international student recruitment and enhance the University’s international reputation and global reach. Together the teams support the University to grow and diversify, have a global impact, and increase global citizenship.
Partnership development is an integral part of the International Office and activities include: developing new ethical and quality business development leads, supporting academic and collaborative partnerships and facilitating visiting delegations. The Partnerships team work across multiple internal stakeholders including of Finance, Legal, Quality and Enhancement, and the Research Office.
What's in it for you?
Join us here in Salford and be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing universities. At Salford, you’ll find a career that works for you, with flexible, agile working, great benefits, generous annual leave and continuous professional development. All our people are important to us, and we have services dedicated to your mental and physical wellbeing from an Employee Assistance Programme to discounted gym membership.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives regardless of where in the world they are based.
We have a commitment to be Net Zero by 2038 and embed sustainability in all aspects of university life.
And, most importantly, we offer you a rewarding career. A career where everything you do will make a difference – to the students, our global community and the world around you.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button above
At the University of Salford we are committed to an inclusive approach to promoting equality and diversity.