Senior CFD Heat Transfer and Turbine Cooling Engineer - #49029
Siemens Energy Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Siemens Energy Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd
Full / Part time
Location: Lincoln UK, office biased hybrid model
Working Model: "Better Together" hybrid working model, with typically 3 days in-person attendance per week.
Education: Bachelors/Masters degree either with significant Heat Transfer/cooling design content or verified equivalent vocational experience.
Experience: We invite interest from those with demonstrated ability in thermal analysis and component cooling design including CFD skills complemented by a thorough understanding of heat transfer theory.A Snapshot of your day
We are looking for a skilled Heat Transfer Engineer to join our Turbine Engineering function in Lincoln, UK. Siemens Energy operates a “Better Together” hybrid working model of typically 3 days in-person attendance per week to ensure effective collaboration with colleagues whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
What are my responsibilities?
- Interfacing with Mechanical Design and Mechanical Integrity disciplines to
collectively derive component life including duty based lifing.
- Analysing and adapting turbine blade, vane, and casing cooling design for new products and upgrades.
- Root cause analysis, weighted decision analysis, design of experiments.
- Specifying component and engine test requirements.
- Calibration of thermal models using engine test data and fleet experience.
- Production support via processing of component and engine test readings.
- Dissemination of information by report and presentation.
- Tool chain integration and other delivery improvement initiatives.
- Producing and maintaining method documents.
- Testing and validation of internal and commercial code upgrades.
- Monitoring and reporting achievements against technical and schedule objectives
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with significant content of Automotive, Aerospace or Turbomachinery Heat Transfer/cooling design and minimum 5 years experience.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to perform detailed investigations, with focus on accuracy and timescales. Able to critique and validate own results using 1D methods e.g. hand calculations.
- Able to work both independently and in a multidiscipline team with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of Heat Transfer theory and a keen interest in continuous personal development in the subject.
- Understanding the basics of investment castings manufacture, materials science, secondary air systems, the origins of stress and creep.
- Experience in the application of FEM and/or CFD analysis for fluid flow and heat transfer. Specific experience with Patran, P-Thermal, RR SCO3, Ansys, Abaqus plus CFD software e.g. StarCCM, CFX or Fluent would be advantageous.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.