School Site Support/ Groundsman - #49097
Job Role: To support the Facilities Manager in leading the site team to ensure the site and buildings are maintained and improved using best-value principles for all contracts and equipment within budget constraints.
Duties: General Support
* To respond quickly and appropriately to complete requests from staff as necessary
* To attend meetings and training as required.
* To do various portering jobs, including the delivery of merchandise to the relevant area of the Academy
* To set up the halls for assemblies, Start: ASAP
Hours: Shift work by mutual agreement between 7.00 am and 7.00pm, Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: Bucks Pay Scale 2 Range 11-15, depending on experience (FTE £21,879 to £23,961). Overtime will be payable for any additional evening/weekend work if required.
* Have a sense of humour
* be honest, reliable, hardworking and flexible
* be able to work using your own initiative
* have good DIY and premises skills and be able to paint and carry out minor repairs and jobs competently
* be able to effectively communicate with other members of the team to carry out your role competently and effectively
* be committed to achieving high standards in your work
* be willing to attend courses to develop your expertise
* be able to deal with staff, pupils and the public in an efficient and friendly manner
Blue Arrow is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to helping find great work opportunities for great people.