Sales Team Manager - #35213
Sales Team Manager
Location: Carnbroe House, Strathclyde Business Park, Glasgow, ML4 3PE
Salary: Competitive base salary + commission!
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30 to 17:00 (no weekends, evenings or bank holidays)
Heard of us?
We’re the best kept secret in Glasgow… (shh)
We’re an ambitious, forward-thinking global business who build transformative solutions for our customers to deliver best-in-class sustainable mobility, connectivity and technology solutions. We support our customers with a range of products and services to meet their needs.
85,000 customers across the UK
32 years’ experience in the fuel card business
4 offices in Crewe, Ipswich, York and Glasgow
3,600+ fuelling stations in the UK
Since 1990 our ambition has never wavered. From humble beginnings, our vision and drive has seen us venture into new markets with confidence and stay ahead of market trends. Our mission is to help businesses of all sizes adapt to the future and take advantage of the opportunities that change brings. Sustainability is at the core of our offering. With our leading e-mobility solutions, we’re committed to guiding businesses through the energy transition, building solutions for a more sustainable, connected future.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey of growth. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of technology innovation and we invite you along on this journey.
Due to our continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Team Manager to join our growing Fuel Card team. We offer a generous commission structure along with exceptional opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
The role of the Sales Team manager is important to us. You will be responsible for the ongoing line management of between 7-12 FTE who are primarily desk-based sales executives, selling fuel cards to businesses, alongside working outbound data.
Your responsibilities day to day will be:
- Working amongst your team, assisting our fuel card agents in attaining new business, managing customer onboarding, and retaining and developing robust customer relationships through cross-sell.
- A proactive approach to assisting and driving your team reach KPI’s and targets consistently - following up appropriate business leads and actively leading from the front and selling our products where necessary.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team to ensure activity/productivity targets are met.
- Motivating the team to display a winning attitude and in turn consistently exceed sales targets.
- Conducting, documenting, and following up regular performance reviews with your team.
- Conducting team meetings daily in line with the needs of the business, to maximise sales results and returns.
- Delivering performance improvement where required to quickly alleviate under performance.
- Delivering and displaying best practice and an excellence in customer care.
- Dealing with customer escalations and ensuring prompt resolution.
- Working with peers in the office to maximise cross-sell opportunity for the group.
What do we expect of you?
- Experience in a Team Manage role – preferably in a sales department.
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office packages and business CRM platforms such as Salesforce.
- Able to demonstrate a 'common sense' approach to problem solving in the sales environment.
- Manage own workload effectively and support your line manager.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence decision/non-decision makers.
- Strong team building skills and an ability to build effective relationships with customers.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, driven by the intent to succeed and achieve company goals.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly culture that mirrors our proposition to our customers.
- A fast-growing organisation that defines itself as being agile and innovative.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A commitment to building a working environment that values inclusivity, innovation, agility, and drive.
We also operate an employee assistance programme, supporting health and wellbeing, employee referral programme, benefits portal and a cycle to work scheme.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Radius is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Radius will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by our People Team (HR).
Sales & Account Management
Monday - Friday 08:30-17:00