Sales Back Office Expert: Area UK & Ireland - #48965
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
Company & Business Area Description
Maritime Region West Europe includes all operational classification business in the Areas Germany, Benelux & France, Iberia & Italy/ Malta, and UK & Ireland and consists of ~440 employees in nine countries. The Region operates with three service lines: Newbuilding (NB), Fleet in Service (FIS) and Classification and Verification of Material and Components (CMC/VMC).
Local Unit & Position Description
Area UK & Ireland is looking for a Sales Back Office Expert. The Area offers Maritime Class services through ~30 employees in seven UK locations, with its headquarters in London. Services delivered are Fleet in Service, incorporating Ships in Operation and Offshore, as well as CMC/VMC activities. Despite Brexit, London is a thriving maritime centre with conventional ship owners plus high activity with Charterers, Ship Finance, Ship Brokers, and representative offices of many international owners.
As Sales Back Office Expert you will provide support services to the Business Development team to facilitate reliable and efficient sales management, enabling Key Account Managers to focus on business acquisition tasks and other direct customer related activities. The role also includes provision of support towards the Regional Business Development Manager and the UK & Ireland Area Manager (as agreed)
Key tasks of this role are:
- Support marketing event activities, ensuring professional planning and organizing of customer events, such as seminars, clients’ socials, and dinners
- Coordinate and arrange business meetings, both internally and externally, as requested by the Sales team
- Monitor Power Bi Sales & Marketing reports to maintain overall good data quality including following up on any due items in support of the Sales team
- Support and assist in Sales Force the process for generating new quotations for approval and contract creation
- Maintain customer master data in Sales Force, with input from the Sales team.
- Skills to manage the distribution, follow up and status of customer invitations for events of up to 100 people
- Creating presentations, analysis and marketing information material to assist Key Account Manager in preparation of customer visits and events
- Provide administrative support to overseas guest in terms of travel arrangement, hotels, taxis and office access
What we offer
The right candidate will enjoy working with a highly engaged team in an environment where trust, teamwork and innovation are core values.
Join us and you will:
- Be part of an innovative environment where you can influence the future whilst maintaining our core strengths
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues
- Regularly meet and interact with our demanding customers
- Be given the chance to try out new things and contribute to our strategy
- Live locally yet work on challenges globally
- Local conditions apply
- Location: London or Southampton/ UK, with an expectation to travel to London office (Southbank) 25% of the time as required for meetings and events. Return train fare to London for Southampton based employee will be refundable against receipt
DEFAULT DEI STATEMENT: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity
- Education to degree standard
- Experience in sales administration, customer service and or sales
- Excellent MS Office skills, esp. Excel, Power BI, Forms, Word and Power Point
- Proficient with remote working and use age of collaborative remote working tools via MS TEAMS
- Experience using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce
- IT savvy, experience with shared documents management, customer databases, and basic
- Fluent business English
- Knowledge, experience and or interest in Maritime Classification and Maritime Industry would be an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative with a high level of planning and personal organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally, ideally obtained in a sales/customer service environment
- Interest in sales and customer service
- Events planning, coordination and management experience and aptitude important
- Customer service mindset and solution orientation
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility in interaction with multiple stakeholders in an environment of constant change