Retail Sales Assistant - Part Time - #49143
ScS – Sofa Carpet Specialist
Date: 1 week ago
Salary: £9.74 - £10.73 per hour
Contract type: Full time
What’s the opportunity?
As part of the Retail team, you’ll be based within our store in Kingsditch Retail Park in Cheltenham welcoming customers in and talking to them about our gorgeous furniture and carpets
This role would be working 24 hours per week, working Saturday and Sunday with the flexibility to work one day during the week
What does the role involve?
- Welcome customers into the store and support them in finding the perfect piece of furniture or flooring for their home
- Accurately complete customer orders and process finance applications
- Accountable for delivering personal sales and KPIs
- Work within the team to deliver a 5 star customer experience
- Make sure the showrooms look their best through general housekeeping, cleaning and moving furniture when it’s needed
- Help to make sure our showrooms are warm, friendly, safe environments for everyone within them
- Continuously develop and maintain knowledge on all ScS products and services
- Undertake, as required, other duties in keeping with the general nature of the role
What’s in it for you?
- Hourly rate of £9.74- £10.73 with a realistic OTE of £30K pro rata per year.
- In this store, our Retail Sales Assistants earn on average £800 - £1200 pro rata per month on top of their basic salary although there’s no limit on how much you can earn
- Guaranteed commission of £400 pro rata per month in your first three months
- Competitions and incentives – recent holiday incentives include a Virgin Cruise around Miami and the Bahamas and trips to New York, Dubai and Italy
- 33 days holidays including bank holidays
- Employee benefits platform – access to 100s of high street discounts and more – holiday discounts, gym discounts, cinema discounts, e-vouchers, cashback and more!
- Colleague Discount
- Career progression
- Long service awards
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Access to our dedicated Employee Assistance Programme – to give you free access to advice and information on a range of topics
- Medicash – low cost health plans
- Virtual GP – Access to a GP service 24/7
- Salary finance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
Who are we looking for?
The most important thing for us is that you’re the right fit for our team. And if you’ve got a knack for making customers smile, can work confidently within a team environment and have buckets of energy and motivation, then we think you’d be perfect. While sales experience can sometimes be an advantage, it’s not a game-changer – personality and the ability to learn new skills is just as important!
We’re looking for the following qualities
- Sales driven with a passion for driving a 5 star customer experience
- Experience within a customer facing role
- A real people person – the ability to build strong relationships with our customers and colleagues
- A team player
- Flexibility to work shift patterns
- Strong work ethic, resilient, self-starter and a can do attitude
About ScS – Sofa Carpet SpecialistWe are one of the UK’s leading sofa and carpet specialists, and you can find us on numerous retail parks all over the country We have 99 retail stores, serviced by 9 distribution centres, a Digital Hub based in Coventry and a support centre based in Sunderland. For over a century, ScS has been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice. Our primary product focus is in retailing sofas, flooring and dining, helping customers to create the home they’ll love and that’s where you come in…
Our hiring process
Stage 1: Applied
Stage 2: Review
Stage 3: Interview
Stage 4: Hired