Recruitment and Retention Coordinator (5321) - #49124
Norfolk County Council
12 months fixed-term contract (or Secondment opportunity) | 37 hours per week | £29,269 to £31,364 per annum (Scale G) | County Hall (travel will be required within the Eastern Region and you will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends with time back in lieu)
5 positions available
2024 is a very exciting year for the Eastern region with the launch of our new Regional Fostering Hub, led by Norfolk County Council. Our aim is to create a regional centre point to enable a more streamlined approach to fostering recruitment, working together to increase the number and diversity of foster carers to meet the needs of all children. We have ambitious plans to increase the number of Foster Carers to transform the lives and outcomes of children in care across the region.
The key features of the Hub are:
- To improve the journey from enquiry to application and approval.
- To boost the number of quality enquiries and build evidence of effective marketing strategies.
- Establish a pan-local authority approach to fostering recruitment.
- Provide a central 'landing page' for the communications campaign, ensuring a good user journey through the system.
- There will also be a regional focus to the communications, building on what works in foster care recruitment. Adverts will direct prospective foster carers to the recruitment support hub.
To undertake recruitment activities for the East Region Fostering Hub, in successfully recruiting new foster carers to meet the increasing need of our children & young people in care. This position will support the fostering service to respond to all fostering enquiries, undertake initial assessments, lead events and act as the front door to the combined authorities fostering service.
You will be driven and committed about our goal to recruit more foster carers in the Eastern region. You will be inquisitive, curious and tenacious about making the most of every single enquiry that comes into the hub. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, the ability to build great relationships over the telephone and passionate about foster care recruitment.
Before you apply, we recommend reading the full Job Description and Person Specification to help you demonstrate you meet the criteria.
These are some benefits you can enjoy by working for Norfolk County Council:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement with the ability to buy and sell leave
- Health and Wellbeing services including fast-track physiotherapy and a free counselling service
- Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time, part time, remote and hybrid working – dependent on your job role and business need.
- Financial benefits such as:
- ‘Norfolk Rewards’ our employee discount programme which helps you save money on almost anything, from everyday groceries and clothes, to holidays, new technology, gym membership, trips to the cinema and days out.
- A Blue Light card for Fire Service and Social Care Workers
- Relocation expenses (where applicable)
- An advance of your expenses if you travel for work
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution, life assurance, death in service payments and dependants’ pensions.
- A payment if you refer someone you know to a hard to fill job.
- Tax efficient ways of getting extra pension, new bikes and electric cars.
Closing Date 19 February 2024
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £29,269.00-£31,364.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Free flu jabs
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Norwich, NR1 2DH
Reference ID: 5321