Project and Senior Project Manager - Central & Local Government - #35455
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project and Senior Project Managers to join our expanding Central and Local Government in our flagship office in Central London.
We are looking for a pro-active and self-motivated problem solver with a logical and structured approach to managing projects of complexity and often with a multitude of stakeholders. An ability to understand the technical inputs required from a design and/or contractor team to overcome problems at the pre-contract and post-contract stage would be helpful, as would some experience of contract administration.
We would like a team player that recognises the value they bring to our business and our clients’ projects and programmes – someone to work collaboratively with others and exemplify high standards of delivery. We have live projects in London, Cambridge, Hertfordshire, Surrey, and Kent, with many more in the pipeline.
Working as a Project and Senior Project Manager on a range of tasks, to include:
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking
- Leading on residential-led or mixed-use projects, at the enabling stage (could include highways, utilities, enabling works, remediation, public realm, bridges, utility diversions or upgrades, managing S106 or S278 obligations)
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
- Monitoring and documenting project progress and other performance indicators
- Tracking and documenting changes
- Preparing written project communication materials
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers
- Attending meetings and drafting minutes, etc
Other responsibilities, to include:
- Preparing presentation materials for client pitches, etc
- Inputting key information into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Cognate qualification (construction, real estate, planning, engineering)
- Full time (with flexible working opportunities and home working)
- Ability to travel London/Home Counties/South East
- Strong communication skills (verbal, presentation, written)
- Ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders including clients, influential parties, contractors and end-users
- CDM/site health and safety knowledge
- Engineering qualification and/or background (preferably civil, structural, mechanical/electrical)
- Broad understanding of the development lifecycle (business case, design, consents, procurement, delivery, handover, management)
- Direct experience of on-site construction
- Experience in residential-led or mixed-use projects, preferably at the enabling stage (could include highways, utilities, enabling works, remediation, public realm, bridges, utility diversions or upgrades, managing S106 or S278 obligations)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.