Project and Senior Project Manager (Construction Projects - Life Sciences) - #35454
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend are leaders in professional services to the Life Sciences sector globally. Due to our continued successes we currently have opportunities nationally, to work with a key client and want to talk with Project Managers at all career levels.
- Manage overall project cost, schedule and budgets.
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted vendors and consultants.
- Analyse, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Review construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Review, correct and assess work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends.
- Review and approve cost loaded schedules.
- Run and lead client and other required meetings.
- Identify the factors that influence construction costs and can monitor and report on this data.
- Knowledge and experience with all methods of construction procurement and long lead equipment.
- Review, validate and audit cost estimates prepared by contractors and others within a client’s organization.
- Support engineering decisions relating to the project cost and budget while design-build changes take place during construction.
- Review requests for payment.
- Track and ensure equipment meets the project schedule.
- Record occurrence that might result in a claim - acting on the client’s behalf.
- Advocate on the part of the client during disputes, disagreements, modifications, or change orders.
- Coordinate and oversee scheduling consultant reviews on the project.
- Review and approve final invoices, payment applications, retention payments.
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the building operations to the client including all close out documentation and warranties.
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience as a Construction Project Manager with a minimum of 3 years sector experience e.g. Life Sciences, Pharma, Biotech or other High Tech facility.
- Proven experience of working with category 3 or 4 labs and associated regulations preferal
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Strong and professional communication skills, with great organization skills, ability to multi-task.
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, creativity and dynamism.
- Flexible mobility advantageous, Hi-Technology & Manufacturing projects are often away from home office locations.
- Management experience, with ability to manage and lead team in delivering a commission and general line management.
- Manage revenue, team resource and priorities to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Experience with business development, including developing business with existing and new clients, and cross-selling.
- University degree in Construction Management or a related field.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.