Project and Senior Project Manager - Data Centre Construction - #35451
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Due to an expanding portfolio our Industrial, Sciences and technology team in London are looking to appoint Project and Senior Project Managers to join our expanding Data Centre team.
As a (Senior) Project Manager you support large-scale, ground-up data centre construction projects with our prominent technology clients across Europe. The role will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to commissioning.
Project Management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives;
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters;
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues;
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project;
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan;
- Advising upon the procurement of resources;
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team;
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance;
- Managing the change control process;
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances;
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications;
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports; and
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Staff management (where appropriate)
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database;
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status; and
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
- Construction consultancy experience strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years project management experience, preferably gained within the digital/data centers environment mentioned above.
- Professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, or architecture.
- Has obtained chartered status or on path to achieving this.
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from project conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Design, management or construction experience gained within the general construction environment. ideally residential, office, fit-outs and health & education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.