Principal Consultant, Preparedness and GRC, Proactive Services (Unit 42) - #35177
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
The Senior Consultant, GRC for Proactive Services is focused on assisting our Governance, Risk, and Compliance team across a comprehensive portfolio of clients. The individual will assess security risk across multiple frameworks and act as a key team member in client engagements. They will be the client’s advocate for cybersecurity risk management and will provide strong recommendations in this domain.
- Assist Unit 42 Leadership in the development of Risk Management, Compliance, and Security standards within professional services
- Deep industry knowledge of best practices within Governance Risk and Compliance and ability to provide recommendations to proactively improve our clients’ security posture
- Act as a key member of our team, learning to lead audits, risk assessments, and other engagement-related duties in accordance with industry regulations, standards, and company policies and procedures for assurance and continuous improvement of controls
- The ability to work across multiple frameworks and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, NIST CSF, ISO, GDPR, SOX, HIPPA
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of progress and expected outcomes while defining potential impacts and creating an effective mitigation strategy
- Skilled at proactively identifying security risks and vulnerabilities while eliminating cybersecurity threats
- Interact with prospects and clients by assisting with completing security questionnaires, assessments, and audits
- Ensure controls meet legal, regulatory, privacy, policy, standards, and security requirements
- Effectively write and communicate audit, assessment, or compliance engagement reports and provide recommendations to client management
- Ability to perform travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average ~30%)
- 4+ years of experience performing information security and risk assessments based upon industry-accepted standards
- Experience with GRC tools, technology, and implementation
- Experience with Application Security Audits and Risk Scoring
- Demonstrate a track record in strengthening existing and developing new client relationships
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Identified ability to grow into a valuable contributor to the practice and, specifically
- have an external presence via public speaking, conferences, and/or publications
- have credibility, executive presence, and gravitas
- be able to have a meaningful and rapid delivery contribution
- have the potential and capacity to understand all aspects of the business and an excellent understanding of PANW products
- be collaborative and able to build relationships internally, externally, and across all PANW functions, including the sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or equivalent years of professional experience or equivalent military experience to meet job requirements and expectations
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.