Pharmacy Technician - Medicines Management - #35311
University Hospital Southampton
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
What you’ll do
You will be a key member of a range of teams across the department and the hospital, supporting busy wards and clinical areas, working closely with a range of health care professionals and our extensive Pharmacist team. Your work will include:
• Initiating the Medicines Reconciliation process.
• Ensuring patients have sufficient supplies of medicines for their hospital stay and beyond.
• Counselling and educating patients on their medicines
• Playing an important and proactive role in the discharge process to facilitate safe and effective discharge.
• Extended hours and weekend working to support patient care
• Co-ordinating the dispensary workflow
• Dispensing, Labelling & Final checking of prescriptions
• Providing Controlled Drug service
• Managing stock effectively
• Training Staff
As part of this, we will provide training towards the Accredited Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) course, so that the final check of prescriptions can be undertaken.
What we’re looking for
• Registered pharmacy technician in UK by GPhC
• Hospital pharmacy experience desirable
• Demonstrates being able to organise their and others workload and prioritise effectively
• Experience of JAC or similar computer labelling/ordering system
• Work weekends, late nights and bank holidays as per rota
• Demonstrate times when able to work effectively under pressure
• Able to use initiative, but know their own limitations
• Polite and friendly