Parts Advisor - BMW Edinburgh - #35305
Parts Advisor - BMW Edinburgh
Parts Advisor – BMW Peter Vardy
Seafield Road, Leith
£Salary DOE + Benefits + Excellent Benefits
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm plus 1 in 2 Saturdays
Peter Vardy Ltd is a young, innovative, and fast paced, family run company – here to push boundaries to ensure we remain the best at what we do – selling cars. We are leading the revolution to create a future full of ambitious and determined individuals in the automotive industry.
Our BMW Edinburgh Team are in unique position as we look to expand and grow our Parts Team. We’re looking for a Parts Advisor who is passionate about customer service and wants to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car manufacturers and forward-thinking automotive retailers… BMW & Peter Vardy.
As a Parts Advisor, you will play a vital role in the daily running of the parts department, communicating effectively between customers and staff to ensure the correct part is supplied in a timely manner. You will be a team player with a commitment to learning and development within the parts department. You must also have the ability to work well on your own and under pressure to deliver an excellent customer experience. Experience of working in a warehouse/Trade’s environment or retail experience dealing with customers internal/external is highly desirable.
What you will do
- Identify and sell parts profitably, helping to achieve or exceed the business plan for the Parts Department.
- Sell parts and receive payment, applying appropriate discount where necessary.
- Ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Ensure commitments made to customers are delivered in a friendly manner.
- Identify exact details of the parts required, obtaining vehicle details from the customer.
- Load the correct parts, if in stock, or offer to order the parts for the customer
- Locate parts in the appropriate bin location.
- Identify from job cards those parts that need to be ordered in advance of service and repair.
- Source or place orders for parts required.
- Select parts as required for trade and workshop customers.
- Pre-select parts for workshop customers to aid workshop efficiency.
- Process orders (stock, warranty & VOR) in accordance with customer requirements.
- Check deliveries against all orders, log any discrepancies and book parts in and out of stock.
- Check parts invoices to ensure all item invoices are accounted for.
What you will need
- Previous experience working in a Parts department is highly desirable
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a busy team and on own initiative
What's in it for you
Net Better Off is our Benefits and Reward program which is designed to support our colleagues in four core wellbeing areas, Mental, Physical, Community and Financial - it’s the Peter Vardy difference!
- 30 days holiday rising with length of service
- Excellent earning potential, you’re in control!
- World class training delivered by the PV Academy to enhance your career
- Employee discounts & lease cars options through the PV Cares scheme
- High Flyer Incentives – would you like to win a trip?
- Generous Colleague Referral Scheme
- Subsidised uniform provided
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Access to the PV Wellbeing Centre – MOT & In house counselling services
- Colleague events – Family Fun Day,
- Annual ball Christmas party - yes we like to have fun!
If you would love to be part of our Peter Vardy family, please APPLY now with an up to date copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Peter Vardy is an equal opportunities employer. Everyone is welcome here, as long as you have the drive and passion to succeed, then we would love to hear from you.
Scotland, Edinburgh, BMW Edinburgh
Vacancy Contact Email