Mobile Cycle Technician - #49229
Job no: 546608
Work type: Full time
Categories: Mechanic, Retail Colleagues, Autocentre Colleagues
Location: Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside
Business Area: Halfords Mobile Expert
This role is full time 44 hours, working Monday to Friday to cover 4 x 12 hour shifts per week, must be available from 6am - 8pm. Occasional weekend shifts may be required with prior notice. If distance travelled to customer locations exceeds the working hours then overnight accommodation and meal allowance will be provided.
You will be based across the North West but maybe required to work further afield.
This role is unique and all about bikes, just like you. As a Halfords Mobile Expert Cycle Technician you will use your expertise to support our growing business customer base in the field. Working at your customers’ premises you will use your initiative, technical skills and your fantastic customer service skills to problem-solve in the moment, and not only meet – but exceed – their expectations.
Your day begins at the agreed Halfords site, where you’ll pick up the van, stock and tools you’ll need for the day. Driving to your customer’s premises you’ll carry out servicing and repair work on a range of bikes, using our in-house App and tablet, and working to the highest technical and safety standards.
You’ll be responsible for the safe keeping – and safe driving standards - of the Halfords Mobile Expert van and all equipment and will have experience of:
- Servicing / repairing a range of mechanical bikes to a high standard with experience of - or an interest in - electric bikes
- Delivering fantastic customer service face to face and over the phone
- Communicating with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Working as a team, as well as on your own initiative, to achieve individual and team targets
You’ll also have:
- A proactive approach, capable of problem-solving technical issues to a high standard
- Confidence in using technology, as you will use our in-house app on a tablet to take pictures and manage workflow
- A full valid driving licence with no more than 6 points. Driving confidence is vital due to the daily travel required in your allocated medium wheel base van.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety compliance in the workplace.
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as a competitive salary, holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Company laptop & mobile phone provided.
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 50% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Life assurance
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
- Industry leading technical training to take your career forward
- A van and tools are provided for use during shifts, and kept at the agreed Halfords site when not on duty
Halfords is the UK's leading provider of motoring and cycling products and services. Through Halfords Autocentres, it is also one of the UK's leading independent operators in vehicle, servicing, maintenance and repairs. We are a market-leading business, with unique and differentiated products and services. Join our expanding national Mobile Expert service provision and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.