Maths Teacher (KS 4 & 5) – Head of Maths for a suitable candidate - #49052
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust - TES
The Trustees are looking to recruit to the post of Maths Teacher (KS 4 & 5) – Head of Maths for a suitable candidate
The Springboard Project, Oldham Town Centre
Teachers’ Pay Scale, with TLR2 (£3,214 per annum) for the Head of Maths role
SEN Allowance £2,539 per annum
Commencing September 2024
Part of the New Bridge Multi Academy Trust, The Springboard Project, based in Oldham town centre, provides high quality, innovative alternative educational experiences for pupils and students with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties) across the 14-19 age range.
Here at the Project, we believe passionately in supporting our students to achieve their very best outcomes and overcome their barriers to learning. Our provision is set up to provide high quality, innovative educational provision for 14-19-year olds with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs. Our aim is to meet the needs of our young people where they are, supporting them to gain the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to go into fulfilling life beyond education. It is our ambitious goal to support every one of our students into employment, further education or training once they leave us at 19.
We promise to ensure all our students have the opportunity to:
- Gain a minimum of 6 Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) qualifications, including Maths and English, with access to Level 3 qualifications, including T-Levels, as appropriate
- Gain a vocational qualification in a pathway of their choice
- Develop employability and life skills, including recognised qualifications
- Have real, meaningful work experiences, including being allocated a career coach, who will stay with them post-19
We also believe that we cannot support our young people in isolation, and so always look for innovative ways to support our wider community, the young people’s families. This can be through offering a friendly ear / support to the adults around our students through to real, practical support via our ‘Project Pantry’, a one-stop option for families struggling with the cost of living crisis.
The Project is part of the New Bridge Multi Academy Trust; a specialist MAT focussed on supporting young people across Oldham, Tameside, Rochdale and Stockport with additional needs. Through the MAT, and our partnerships with wider external agencies, we can support our young people up to the age of 25, ensuring they have the best possible outcomes and move successfully into adulthood.
As the Project continues to expand, we have this exciting opportunity for a passionate and innovative educator to join our team and help us take the offer to our young people onto the next level. Our aim is to, within 2 years, have Level 3 qualifications, including A-levels and T-levels, in place and offered to our students; we have high aspirations for them, and are working closely with both employers and universities to ensure our students have meaningful destinations once they leave us.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they meet the following essential criteria:
- Previous experience of planning and developing new courses in Maths
- A strong desire to ensure young people, who have often had very negative experiences of maths teaching in the past, develop their skills in the subject to the very best of their ability.
- Previous experience of working with young people of secondary school age who may present with challenging behaviour and complex SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health) needs, preferably within an educational setting
- A nurturing and empathetic approach to behaviour management
- The physical and emotional resilience to support students with complex needs, taking a non-judgemental approach
- The ability to support teaching and learning within an SEMH setting to a dedicated group of students
- The ability to model and encourage appropriate social behaviour in and out of school and to cater for the general welfare of students.
- The ability to work as part of a team using own initiative when needed
- Willingness to participate in own professional development
New Bridge MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must have a commitment to safeguarding young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references will be sought prior to appointment.
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Scale, plus TLR2 (£3,214 per annum) for the Head of Maths role
Allowance: SEN allowance - £2,539 per annum
Contracted hours: 1.0 fte
Based: Initially at The Springboard Project, 2 Medtia Square, Phoenix St, Oldham, OL1 1AN
Closing Date: Monday 4th March 2024 (9am)
Interviews: 11th March 2024
Further info: Andy Howard, Head Teacher – *************@newbridgegroup.org
Completed application forms should be returned to: ***********@newbridgegroup.org