Litigation Legal Assistant - #48940
In this role we will train you up to manage your own caseload. It’s varied and busy and there is good opportunity to get involved in client liaison.
You’ll need to enjoy telephone work and juggling a busy day! Previous collections experience preferred but not essential if you have an aptitude for customer service we’ll show you the rest!
What you’ll need:
- a minimum of 6 months’ administration experience, ideally gained within a legal or professional services environment
- competency with IT systems to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- experience gained in the area of debt or asset recovery will be advantageous
- previous experience of running your own caseload and / or using a case management system is ideal, but not essentia
- the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- good communication skills with the confidence to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- the ability to produce a high standard of work, sometimes under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- to be able to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and confidence in your own ability
We are committed to providing a service to our clients between the hours of 8am to 8pm on Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm on a Friday and 9am to 1pm on a Saturday. The role will normally involve working to shift patterns to accommodate these hours. This typically involves working one 11.30am – 8pm shift per week and no more than 2 Saturdays per month.
A typical shift pattern is:
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8am - 4.30pm OR 9am - 5:30pm (one day to be worked 11.30am - 8pm)
- Fridays: 8am - 4pm OR 9am -5pm
- Saturdays (no more than 2 per month) 9am – 1pm
Where possible, we will consider candidates looking for part-time opportunities.
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work. We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Bristol, Leicester, Lincoln, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role can be a blend of home and office based work with travel as required into any of our Midlands hubs.
Find out more about us:
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions