Learning Experience Co-ordinator - #35156
Our people are what makes Severn Trent a truly exciting and inclusive place to work. We’re a team of over 7,000 people with a purpose to deliver one of life’s essentials. We do it all while thriving in our unique culture and making a lasting difference to our planet, society, and careers.
Collectively we provide a critical national infrastructure to millions of customers in our region, so the only question is… why wouldn't you want to be part of that?
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Hawksley Park is the Severn Trent home for learning. In 2020 we led the way with our £10 million, purpose-built learning facility dedicated to the development of all our teams across Severn Trent.
It is no surprise that lifelong learning is an important part of our success here at Severn Trent. The skills we need to develop, and grow are changing. We need to be curious to find out what they are and seek to develop them to stay ahead in the game!
Our Academy team are more than a Learning and Development team. We want to create a continual learning culture where learners can develop in the flow of their day-to-day work. That’s why experiential learning is at the heart of what we do. We want to provide easier access to learning in real life situations through our training assets. And what better way than to build on site our own 10m long training river, dedicated customer training house alongside our operational rigs, not forgetting our Virtual Reality offer.
We need our teams to complete the training they need to do their job safely, effectively and to the standard expected of them, our regulators, internal stakeholders, and us an industry leader. This year we expect to welcome over 20,000 people through our doors and host approximately 3000 learning events.
Our training ranges across five learning streams, each with their own dedicated Learning Experience Co-ordinator. In addition, we contribute to development days for teams from across the business, support vital community projects and facilitate schools’ discovery events.
We are an ambitious team, driven to improve how we work today to cater for the growing demands for training across the organisation. We strive to be industry leading in everything we do.
If you want to be a part of something special, read on!
Some of your other key accountabilities will include:
- Planning, scheduling and administering learning events and programmes to drive skills compliance and ensuring timely delivery of the Learning and Development plan within budget.
- Deliver an excellent learner experience by owning, triaging, and resolving learner queries.
- Scheduling and administering events taking place at our training Academy.
- Maintaining Learning and Development data integrity, accurately updating training, skills, competencies, e-learning and event evaluation records and information.
- Providing planning, scheduling and administrative support for Learning and Development projects including your learning stream.
- Adhering to all Service Level Agreements and company/industry standards and driving continuous improvement of Learning and Development systems and processes.
- Correctly purchasing and processing financial transactions (purchase orders, invoices, recharges etc.) using approved systems and processes.
- Administering certificates and competency cards e.g., Water Hygiene Card registration/renewal process.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who can adapt, be flexible and work well under pressure when needed. You will be used to managing volumes, and committed to developing knowledge across our offer to provide expert advice to our learners. You will need to be able to multi-task effectively, whilst providing significant level to detail across your daily tasks. You’ll be able to collaboratively work with people at all levels within and outside the organisation to provide consistent, added-value services.
Working with data will come as second nature to you, as you are confident to run and analyse data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
You will have a passion for learning and providing excellent service to our workforce.
Is that you?
The right skills and experience are important for this role. We are looking for an individual who will be able to pick up new skills and retain the training knowledge quickly.
We welcome people from all walks of life and celebrate individuality as we know diverse minds, experiences and backgrounds help us to learn and better serve our learners.
We want people who show up, get involved and people who really want to solve problems. Those who are ready to be part of something bigger and who want to make a difference because they care about the service they are providing above all.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
You’ll join an experienced and supportive team with a passion for learning and the experience it provides. We are on a journey full of innovation and opportunity to make an impact in this role.
But working here isn’t just a job. You can build a wonderful career here at Severn Trent, and we’ll reward you for it too! We have a range of benefits that recognise great work, and award-winning training to help you reach your potential. And we’ll also help you play your part in looking after the environment and the communities where we live.
With that in mind, here are just some of our favourite's perks that you’ll get being part of the Seven Trent family:
- Salary up to £25,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/ sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme (up to £1,500 based on company performance and subject to eligibility)
- Leading pension scheme – we will double your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
- Sharesave – the chance to buy Severn Trent Plc shares at a discounted rate
- 10% monthly discount with Busy Bees Nurseries and one-week free childcare
- Dedicated training and development with our Academy
- Electric vehicle scheme and retail offers
- Family friendly policies
- Two paid volunteering days per year
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Before you apply, you’ll need an updated copy of your CV and about five minutes to spare. If you’re not too sure about what you need to do, or have a question about the role before applying, please get in touch with our amazing team of recruiters at [email protected].
And if your curiosity has peaked and you're wanting to find out even more, search #LifeAtSevernTrent on social media.
Ps. we’ll always let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date - so keep an eye on your phone and emails.