Lead Shift Trader - Commercial - #48920
Exciting Opportunity: Lead Shift Trader – Commercial in London
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years, and our investments in energy infrastructure are focused on energy storage and renewable energy (solar, wind, biogas), whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes.
We are reshaping the energy future by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, and we are looking for people who are committed to help turn our vision into reality.
About the role
The Lead Shift Trader (Commercial) will play a pivotal role in managing and improving the commercial performance of the GEMS UK Shift Team. The Lead Shift Trader will work closely with relevant teams, identifying opportunities for improvements and ensuring they are fully scoped, communicated and delivered. The role will require collaboration and close working across many teams, as well as with senior management within GEMS UK. The Lead Shift Trader (commercial) will essentially have a broad remit to drive forward improvements and identify opportunities for the GEMS UK shift Team.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Lead Shift Trader – Commercial based in London. This is a Permanent role, working full time Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
The role will include but not limited to:
- Identify key metrics for measuring shift team performance in the short term markets (both qualitative and quantitative measures). Report these on a daily/weekly monthly basis.
- Play a key role in improving commercial performance of the Shift Team and look for new market opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and contractual customer obligations, including REMIT, the Grid Code and GEMS policies. Report on performance.
o Take a leading role in improving the commercial setup of the shift team in regards to book structures, netting, position tools and imbalance limits. Drive forward changes/improvements in these areas.
o Onboarding of new RES and BESS assets into the shift team. Ownership of integration into the shift team.
o Improve the wider market understanding of the team.
- Liaise with other GEMS Short Term Teams to identify and implement best practice for commercial optimisation.
- Support and be a key contact for the implementation of new business into the Shift Team, focussing particularly on commercial elements and training for the shift team.
- Support and encourage individual Shift Trader projects and ensure a framework is in place for consistent development and rollout of new commercial ideas/approaches.
- Extensive experience of UK short term power and gas markets.
- Commercially focussed, with an ability to communicate performance and identify opportunities. Able to demonstrate management of risks and delivering value.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and requirements to a broad audience.
- Ability to provide suitable feedback on performance on both a team and individual level.
- Self-starter, able to effectively multi-task and prioritise their own workload and the wider team’s deliverables.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate well with different levels of management.
- Ability to persevere and push for desired outcomes when faced with blockers.
- A strong understanding of coding languages, project management and presentation skills would be a desirable requirement.
What benefits we offer?
We understand the importance of work-life balance and recognise that everyone is striving to find the perfect one between work and home life. That's why we offer a hybrid working model that combines the convenience of remote work with the benefits of collaborating in a professional office environment. You'll have the flexibility to work from home part of the time, allowing you to optimise your productivity while enjoying a comfortable work setup.
We reward your hard work and dedication with a competitive bonus programme that recognises and values your contributions. Your efforts are appreciated and directly reflected in your financial rewards.
We prioritise your peace of mind by offering life assurance coverage. You can feel confident knowing that your loved ones will be protected in the event of the unexpected.
Your financial security matters to us. Our income protection benefits ensure that you have a safety net in place, providing a valuable source of income if you're unable to work due to illness or injury.
Employer Pension Contribution
We invest in your future by contributing to your pension plan. You can enjoy the confidence and peace of mind that comes with knowing that you're building a solid foundation for your retirement.
Healthcare Cash Plan
Your well-being matters to us, which is why we provide a healthcare cash plan. You'll have access to a range of healthcare benefits, including reimbursement for medical expenses, dental and optical care, and more. Take care of yourself and your family's health without financial worries.
We offer a range of flexible benefits to employees alongside hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts through myENGIE.
ENGIE’s purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions, and we know that the most successful businesses are the most sustainable ones. Diversity, equity and inclusion is key to sustainability and success and our goal is to attract, engage and retain the best talent, bringing the best thinking to our business from inside and outside of our industry. Our ambition is to make sure everyone at ENGIE feels valued, respected and included. We know that diverse teams have more creativity, imagination, innovation and problem solving capabilities, so we are committed to tackling inequalities and creating a diverse and inclusive business.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process you will be asked to complete an equality questionnaire on a voluntary basis and any data we collect will be treated confidentially and used for evaluation purposes only. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.