Kitchen Assistant (Day) - #35203
Maria Mallaband Care Group
We are only able to accept applicants who have the right to work in the uk and live within a commutable distance to the location of the job role.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Standard regulations. Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required.
"Become a Key worker and make a difference"
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Simply Health – company funded, providing cashback for prescriptions, optical and dental costs 24/7 virtual GP access plus more for you and up to 4 children*
- Early Pay – Access to earned pay prior to payday
- Benefits platform – discounts across multiple retailers, leisure providers, hospitality etc.
- Pension Scheme with Nest
- Flexible working patterns
- Cycle to work scheme**
- Recommend a friend – up to £750
- Service recognition
- Training support and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing support
- Discounted gym membership
*Benefits require completion of a 12-week probationary period before they can be accessed.
**Benefit subject to deduction not taking colleague below National Living Wage
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Acting as the link between the main kitchen and our residents
- Assisting the chefs to plate meals, prepare food trolleys and ensure all preparation areas are kept clean and tidy
- Genuine interest in working in a care home environment.
- Previous experience working in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential.
- A committed and organised approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work shifts.
If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.