Information Security Officer - #49067
About the role
It's an exciting time to join the team here at AXA, with significant investment planned in all UK&I businesses to transform and deliver new digital services to our customers and streamline and automate our business processes. To help drive our security capability, we are proactively looking for two talented individuals with a strong customer focus and a passion for making a difference, to join this growing team.
Working in the Information Security team, the Information Security Officers will be directly reporting into the Senior Information Security Manager and will gain superb exposure of working on the security aspects of the project delivery across AXA UK.
At AXA we work smart, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers. You'll work at least 40% of your week away from home, either at one of our office locations, visiting clients or attending industry events.
What you'll be doing:
- Liaise with UK COO, AXA Health and Insurance project teams to manage the security portions of strategic projects, working within the project teams to achieve goals on time and on budget
- Deliver UK security projects, enhancing our controls and closing new risks, on time and on budget
- Provide consultancy within the UK Security team on the security aspects of business goals and plans outside CTO
- Build secure solutions which can be measured, for example on coverage, quantity and quality metrics, and can be moved into a supportable and maintainable business as usual state
- Assist the rest of UK Security producing risk assessments of Group and 3rd party tools and platforms as required
- Provide technical consultancy on 3rd party risk for specific solutions
- Act as subject matter expert to the business and to other members of the security team as required
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in an information security role previously implementing security controls across a range to technologies
- Strong customer focus to ensure internal stakeholder needs are met
- Understanding of cloud and modern IT technologies
- Disciplined and organised mind-set with a good attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage variable workloads
- Analytical skills and the ability to clearly identify key issues
- Relevant Professional Qualification – e.g. CISSP, CISM, MIISP would be advantageous
- Knowledge in the following areas would be desirable; ITIL, Cloud Security, Big Data, Networking, Application Security, Large Language Models
As a precondition of employment for this role, you must be eligible and authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
What we offer
At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 5 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
To apply, click on the ‘apply for this job’ button, you’ll then need to log in or create a profile to submit your CV. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and don’t discriminate against employees or potential employees based on protected characteristics. If you have a long term health condition or disability and require reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, we’re proud to offer access to the AXA Accessibility Concierge. For our support, please send an email to [email protected].
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA UK Support Functions power AXA’s three customer-facing business units, providing the infrastructure, support and expertise to ensure our customers can always count on us. Whether you’ve got heaps of experience and qualifications behind you, or you’re just starting out, we’ll give you the support and opportunities to help you grow and develop with confidence.