Head of Sales - #35415
MacGregor is a leader in sustainable maritime cargo and load handling with a strong portfolio of products, services and solutions. Shipbuilders, shipowners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
Purpose of the position
Are you an ambitious and energetic sales professional? Do you want to be at the heart of one of the fastest-growing parts of our services business? If so, this new position might be the perfect opportunity for you to make a name for yourself!
GSD’s Service Projects business has been growing rapidly in recent years, but with more and more customers looking at life extensions, vessel reactivation and repurposing, and product upgrades to improve efficiencies, the business is set to continue to grow further and is a core part of our services growth strategy.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, customer and people-centric professional with a technical and/or commercial degree and a strong sales and marketing background, to join MacGregor’s Global Services Division as our new Head of Sales to drive this growth.
The role is based in any of MacGregor's locations globally and is responsible for developing and managing the global market for Service Projects. The successful candidate will establish and lead a small team of dedicated Service Projects salespeople at key strategic locations in Asia, Europe, and the USA and work in a matrix with the GSD regional sales organisation to identify and promote opportunities for our portfolio of project offerings.
The position will be part of the Service Projects leadership team alongside the product line heads, reporting to the Director Service Projects, and responsible for developing and implementing the sales strategy for all products, merchant and offshore, and leading the negotiations for larger projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Proactive marketing and development of Service Projects offerings globally;
- Ensure business growth in line with business strategy through direct and indirect reports;
- Develop and improve ways to promote retrofit, upgrades, life extension, and modernization projects and work with Service Projects organisation to develop new offerings based on identified customer needs;
- Manage a global team of Projects/Sales Managers to ensure best-practice customer communication and relationships;
- Collect market intelligence and work with the network to ensure product offerings align with market needs, and ensure optimum sales footprint to maximize customer contact;
- Act as a second-level escalation point for commercial discussions in support of own and regional sales teams;
- Maintain a technical knowledge of solutions and products for the product/service that are effective and appropriate for the target audience;
- Follow-up competitor products and their product development.
What you’ll need to succeed
- At least 5-year track record from relevant service business as well as relevant products industry;
- Technical or commercial degree, with strong background in sales & marketing;
- Ability to contribute to new product development and find commercial and technical solutions;
- Strong Influence and negotiation skills applied in communication with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to deal with demanding business development activities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Commercial and negotiation experience and suitable technical knowledge are essential;
- Experience in leading and supervising projects;
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Responsibility for conforming to the Cargotec Code of Conduct, QEHS Policies of MacGregor as well as requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001, and OHSAS18001.
You will be part of
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organisation leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
If you believe that you have the right skills and attitude to drive this growth, please submit your CV via the link below.
For any further information or if you have any questions please feel free to contact our Director, Service Projects Geir Roland at [email protected], mobile: +47 911 17 869.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor is a leader in sustainable maritime cargo and load handling with a strong portfolio of products, services and solutions, all designed to perform with the sea.
Shipbuilders, shipowners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2022 totalled approximately EUR 4 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.